Bradley Beal gets a No-Trade Clause (NTC) on his 5-year $250M contract; Only player in the NBA with a NTC

Who do you blame?

• Total voters

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Trade him for picks and actually try to draft and develop some talent like a competent franchise would.

Any halfway decent GM would've traded him two years ago. Beal hasn't helped them win anyway, there's no real pathway for them to transform into a contender, they're paying him 50 mil a year which drastically reduces his return if(when) he requests a trade AND he's got a NTC so he's only going where he wants to go, further diminishing his value.

Yikes. Talk about a contract that was bad as soon as the ink was dry

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

All I can think of is that Beal and his agent played chicken by threatening to leave all that extra money on the table to go elsewhere. Presumably, Ted Leonsis and/or Tommy Sheppard panicked and were worried about the optics of letting a marquee free agent leave for nothing. But this line of thinking highlights exactly how tone-deaf they are because this outcome will be received far less favorably by fans and national media than just letting him leave would have been.
This is why this move is so bizarre

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Any halfway decent GM would've traded him two years ago. Beal hasn't helped them win anyway, there's no real pathway for them to transform into a contender, they're paying him 50 mil a year which drastically reduces his return if(when) he requests a trade AND he's got a NTC so he's only going where he wants to go, further diminishing his value.

We haven’t had a contender in DC since 1979.

The road to a 6th or 5th seed lies on

Porzingis healthy (yeah, right)

And two of the young guys becoming effective starters. Looking at Rui, Deni, Kispert, Gafford and Davis.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

It's Ted...

1143578875.0.jpg

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Wizards and WOAT contracts

From Juwan Howard in the 90s to Gilbert in the 00s to Wall in the 10s and now Beal. That consistency is remarkable :wow:

This fukk ass franchise had these players on their rosters at certain points in time:

Rasheed Wallace
Richard Hamilton
Ben Wallace
Jerry Stackhouse

This franchise has ALWAYS been horrendous when it came to developing and keeping talent. Ask anybody watching them since they were the Bullets, the most you'll get out of them is making the playoffs once in 10years and MAYBE winning a playoff game.

And the most unforgivable shyt ever, traded away Chris Webber for Mitch fukking Richmond. I'm from Maryland, and I was a Bullets fan since I was a kid, but that was the very day I was officially fukking done with that loser franchise.

I'm not surprised at all they gave Beal that money. I mean, get your money Beal, I'm ok with that, I just hope he's ok knowing that he's gonna continue to not winning a god damn thing in DC.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not surprised at all they gave Beal that money. I mean, get your money Beal, I'm ok with that, I just hope he's ok knowing that he's gonna continue to not winning a god damn thing in DC.
I'm sure the gameplan for Beal was getting the supermax first then figuring out the other stuff later. I'd be stunned if he's not asking to be moved within 24 months.