Bradley Beal gets a No-Trade Clause (NTC) on his 5-year $250M contract; Only player in the NBA with a NTC

Who do you blame?

• Total voters

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Easily one of the woat contracts in sports history
The worst contract in any sport ever. I said this in the other thread. Basketball reference has Beal under Kemba Walker and Paul Milsap in hall of fame probability. :dead:

Officially locked in as the Carmelo Anthony of this generation.

No whining allowed from Beal moving forward, please.

As much as I hate Carmelo and his 1 dimensional game.. it’s disrespectful to compare him to Beal. Carmelo was/is a bonafide hall of famer and 75 greatest ever.

Beal is not even a future hall of famer so the fact that they gave him this deal kind of deal is even more crazy. Coming off a season where he averaged 23ppg. :dead:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Max he could get from another team is a four year deal and I don't think the money can be as much on a yearly basis either. So let's say that's 4/$170.

First off, nobody besides Detroit had the cap space to full max him. Second, there was never any serious trade rumors about another team being all in on Beal PLUS wanting to pay him max money.

I could see $30 million or so a year but not higher than that. Last four years he's been putting up big numbers and the team has one playoff appearance to show for it. No way his market was gonna be crazy.

Daps
Max he could get from another team is a four year deal and I don't think the money can be as much on a yearly basis either. So let's say that's 4/$170.

First off, nobody besides Detroit had the cap space to full max him. Second, there was never any serious trade rumors about another team being all in on Beal PLUS wanting to pay him max money.

I could see $30 million or so a year but not higher than that. Last four years he's been putting up big numbers and the team has one playoff appearance to show for it. No way his market was gonna be crazy.
While that is true. From the Wizards perspective if they deny him the max he'll probably run out and find a trade partner. Could definitely see an alternative universe where Beal goes to the Wizards and says I have Miami ready to do a sign and trade. Now you're the GM, you don't want to let him leave for nothing so now you're getting Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro and a pick in return just to get some assets back. I'm not saying this is the right move but (I think) there would definitely be a crazy market for Bradley Beal if he asked for a trade.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Beal won… He’s set for life why other nba nikkas instead of taking the money when it’s offered turn down contracts and go into free agency lookin like clowns because they didn’t get signed and the offers ain’t coming in

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
$250 million, a trade kicker, a no trade clause, & a player option on the last year. Wizards should have at least been able to negotiate something there instead of just giving up everything possible :dead:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

This. No team was gonna max out Beal. Wizards bidding with themselves. :dead:

Beal hasnt played over 60 games in 3 years.

Last year he took 19FGA per game to only score 23ppg and shot 30% from 3. The Wizards finished 12th in the East.

This deal will never sit right with me.

Last edited:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Steph Curry has been with Golden State for 13 years and doesn't have a no-trade clause, thats shocking

Beal will be remembered more for this contract then anything he's ever done on the court

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
People talking about the wizards got finessed but they obviously don't give a fukk doing beyond stupid shyt like this...

That's like saying you tricked a whore into having sex with you...nikka she a whore...you could have gotten out of bed and slipped into that p*ssy on the way to the bathroom