Bradley Beal gets a No-Trade Clause (NTC) on his 5-year $250M contract; Only player in the NBA with a NTC

Who do you blame?

• Total voters

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Any halfway decent GM would've traded him two years ago. Beal hasn't helped them win anyway, there's no real pathway for them to transform into a contender, they're paying him 50 mil a year which drastically reduces his return if(when) he requests a trade AND he's got a NTC so he's only going where he wants to go, further diminishing his value.

Yikes. Talk about a contract that was bad as soon as the ink was dry
I mean Jesus Christ everyone knew this was gonna happen and their old GM did it anyway, that man should be up on charges for what he did to the Wizards franchise

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Any halfway decent GM would've traded him two years ago. Beal hasn't helped them win anyway, there's no real pathway for them to transform into a contender, they're paying him 50 mil a year which drastically reduces his return if(when) he requests a trade AND he's got a NTC so he's only going where he wants to go, further diminishing his value.

Yikes. Talk about a contract that was bad as soon as the ink was dry
That contract is the definition of poison pill

With the NTC on top of it
:scust:

At least the Wizards are free. The growing pains will be worth it in 2 years

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Awful situation to be in for Washington. And it's all because of the NTC. DJ Murray commanded 3 firsts, Toronto was asking for multiple picks for OG, and even Chicago put it out there that Caruso's starting asking price is 2 firsts.

The return Washington got for Beal is seriously one of the worst I've ever seen for a prime max player. We have to see what CP3 can net them but I'd be numb as a fan after this