Boyka Returns: Undisputed 4

Daps
Reppin
NULL
MV5BMjE1YmJiZjMtN2M3Zi00ZjA4LTllYjgtNGQ3MTE5NWJkMWJlL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg0MzgwODA@._V1_SX300.jpg

If you followed the series of Undisputed you would know Yuri Boyka was the most ruthless fighter in prison and he was undefeated until he fought George Chambers( Michael Jai White) and lost. Boyka redeemed himself and went on to gain his championship back and his freedom in part 3. This film follows him outside the prison walls and living his life as a MMA in Russia.

This film has a simple basic plot line which is easy to follow and makes some characters likable. The plot doesn't make this film, it's the fukking action and the action is intense. I wish Scott Adkins was Iron Fist, it would had saved that show easily. The choreograph is top notch and focuses heavily on getting every shot of the fight down to a science.

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
This was some good shyt but I'd put 2 as the best, 3 the second, this one is 3rd place and the original being dead last.

I missed the little Russian dude that loved big macs, but the fight scenes and the ending with Boyka standing in the ring were cool as fukk

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This movie was :ohlawd:
I still think 2 was probably the best and I hope that Michael Jai White comes back into the mix somehow :lawd:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It took me a while to finally watch this but it was dope. Good continuation of the series and overall dope martial arts movie. Scott Adkins is that dude forreal.:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I saw the first in theaters. I didn't realize they were still making sequels. I might catch up on them.

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Excellent fight sequences......Boyka pulls off some insane moves. Obviously the plot is thin, but if u like fighting movies u gonna dig this "series" guaranteed. The closest thing we gonna get to the 80s/90s fukkery filled JCVD type movies now, just not as good :yeshrug:.

Unfortunately these type of movies don't sell like they did back in the day. Why don't we see movies LIKE this in theaters any more? So much more could be done to hop on the UFC/MMA hype in terms of making similar movies to back as a MAJOR release with decent stars/plots besides just awesome fight sequences. (the youth don't know they're missing out on so much b-level Kung-Fu fukkery we got back in the day with Best of the Best & JCVD/Segal type movies.....flicks so bad they gooooood :lawd:).
So while it's always gonna be great fight sequences in these B or C level movies (due to an over abundance of actors), we aren't seeing these made as "BIG" movies bc either:
A.) the interest isn't there from the public so a decent plotline isnt even attempted in most of 'em (not that the old JCVD or Best of the Best flicks were oscar written gems).
OR
B.) the studios are that out of touch that they don't realize they can capitalize on the MMA boom & don't think this type of movie will sell

Only similar "recent" movies that come to mind straight away in the same mold that were big releases were "Warrior" (1 of my top movies of the 2000s) & "Fighting" with Channing Tatum & Terrance Howard. Besides those, the only movies you see are the "Boyka" & "Arena" type B movies that don't see theaters. Maybe it's really is just a $$$$ thing & studios can't or won't make that leap to make these type of movies "big budget" releases anymore due to fear of losing $$$$$.

Last edited: