Bought a pull up bar, what’s next?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps

The instructions are terrible. It’s good. I set it up all the way at the top of the door frame. Not sure if it was supposed to be that high. I can do 3 pull ups and chin ups in a row with no problem. I’m not as weak as I thought.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
keep doing pullups.

what are your goals overall?
That shyt started sliding and I spent so much time readjusting I said fukk them and returned it. Gon have to get a different type of one. Be toned by spring is my goal.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you have 3 months. What's your budget?

EDIT: Also, what is your starting point as far as weight, height, strength, etc

Last edited:

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Bruh just get a regular doorway pull-up bar. You don’t need some new device or something like the one you got in your post. It ain’t no better .

Edit: my bad I thought the bar was giving you issues

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
If being tone is your goal you really don't need any equipment for that.

You could've started with a simple program of push-ups, jumping jacks, burpees and another form of cardio.

Once you started building from there the minute you started doing pull-ups again you'd notice how much stronger you've become.

I'll say this, imo you don't need a specific pull up bar, a bench, or any machine. Consistency is the key factor you'll need for your journey.

I don't care what you're doing as long as you find yourself consistently being active and exercising you will see results. Those first results should motivate you to want to do more.

Good luck :salute:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If being tone is your goal you really don't need any equipment for that.

You could've started with a simple program of push-ups, jumping jacks, burpees and another form of cardio.

Once you started building from there the minute you started doing pull-ups again you'd notice how much stronger you've become.

I'll say this, imo you don't need a specific pull up bar, a bench, or any machine. Consistency is the key factor you'll need for your journey.

I don't care what you're doing as long as you find yourself consistently being active and exercising you will see results. Those first results should motivate you to want to do more.

Good luck :salute:
That’s it. No matter what your program is.

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just used a cheap ass one from wal mart. Like 30 bucks I replaced it once.

I started with a goal of 100 a day in one sitting

no matter how long it took

I started out In Spurts of 3, sometimes taking 2 hours ( not counting the rest of my workouts)

Have done 100 every day for like a year and a week

I just moved up from

10 all the way to 100

to 40

done in 10 min tops

just keep going

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Small tip is to mix up your grip. Overhand and underhand grip use slightly different muscles.