“Both Sides” Is A Valid Argument

Daps
What you’re suggesting will never happen.

The President's Fiscal Year 2025 Budget Request for the Department of Defense

On March 11, 2024, the Biden-Harris Administration submitted to Congress a proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 budget request of $849.8 billion for the Department of Defense (DoD), consistent with the caps approved by Congress under the Financial Responsibility Act (FRA) of 2023.

So what’s your other idea?
what will never happen?

:unimpressed:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both Sides is real in that America is run by the elite and ultimately Republicans and Democrats are beholden to their major corporate and individual donors. But if you think they're the same politically, you're full of sh*t. Also, the first sentence is treading very close to "no sh*t" territory.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I’ll put it like this, I don’t label myself as a “both sider” because I completely have no faith in our government whatsoever and if you do then you arguably are crazier than even the politicians

Our currency is devalued and pegged to the idea of maritime power, we committed suicide on our manufacturing for profits, we are constantly letting tech companies decide for us what is socially acceptable while the people in charge act in the opposite manner, poverty is constantly increasing and even exploding in some states, we had a whole war on drugs only to have an epidemic evolve out of that, credit is basically a way of life instead of a tool to use, etc

The quality of life for the average American is decreasing year to year, birth rate is shrinking, inflation is kicking, a Great Depression is eventually going to happen, these problems have been bubbling anywhere from a half century to a century, the problems in our country, imo, cannot be solved by a “party” because frankly if it could, there would be no need for parties in the first place if one was already making actual progressions towards an ideal society. Democrats and republicans, if you think about it, I’d doesn’t make any fukking sense, how can we be called the “United” states when the fact our government is bi partisan literally means we are divided, it’s all backwards, don’t even get me started on the Masonic presidents and the Catholic Church connections.

Simply put, we the people are the only ones we can truly depend on because we are the nation, nothing exists here without our labor and ideas and relationships

I probably typed a whole bunch of nothing but, I just wished we thought as a collective.

Daps
All that tactical and revolutionary shyt you’re talking about.
Ok, so, you’ve never studied history. That much is clear.

slavery ain’t never gonna end.

we is never gon stop being sharecroppers.

we ain’t getting no seats up in tha front.

we is not ever voting.

:sas2:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think black people must start looking at our struggle through a strategic and tactical lens, assessing the advantages and disadvantages of allowing this current cycle of unrequited support of democrats to continue, determining if we’re truly preventing the gravest harm to our community by supporting the democrats and ensuring that republicans don’t hold office.
So to sum it up your point black people really need to get more into civic-engagement :jbhmm:

What is Civic Engagement?
How engaged are you in your community? Perhaps you serve on the school board or the PTA or you’re a member of a local charity. Perhaps you read your local paper or quarterly newsletters from your municipality and vote at election time. Or perhaps not. Between work, family, and other commitments, it can be hard to find time to pay attention and get involved, but civic engagement is an essential part of exercising your voice in our society.

But what does civic engagement mean?

Thomas Ehrlich, author of Civic Responsibility and Higher Education, offers the following definition:

“Civic engagement means working to make a difference in the civic life of our communities and developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values and motivation to make that difference. It means promoting the quality of life in a community, through both political and non-political processes….

A morally and civically responsible individual recognizes himself or herself as a member of a larger social fabric and therefore considers social problems to be at least partly his or her own; such an individual is willing to see the moral and civic dimensions of issues, to make and justify informed moral and civic judgments, and to take action when appropriate.”

There are numerous paths for civic engagement:

Political participation through voting, voter registration, or being an election judge;
Educating Americans on government and history;
Volunteering with organizations that build community well-being or participating in community service projects;
Advocating for legislation and models;
Representing fellow citizens by appointment or election, such as on a city council or school board.
You can see a broader spectrum of civic engagement here. All of these actions demonstrate how civic engagement is about engaging people in a process of self governance. Values associated with fostering civic engagement are:

Trusting and respecting how a community wants to take action for itself;
Creating agency and power in people, particularly those most affected by an issue;
Nurturing or fostering healthier, stronger, happier places to live;
Engaging community members in a processes that affect them and their communities;
Promoting transparency and participation

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simply put, we the people are the only ones we can truly depend on because we are the nation, nothing exists here without our labor and ideas and relationships

I probably typed a whole bunch of nothing but, I just wished we thought as a collective.
Nah breh what you said was not bunch of nothing what you are speaking of is more or less civic-engagement:myman:

civic_engagement_infographic_jm_2017_72ppi.png

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Nah. We not doing this today.

fukk Trump.

fukk you white boys tryna talk that dumbass shyt.

I hope you're father kills your momma because he stressed that he raised such a failure, you mayonnaise filled toaster strudel fukk.

:pacspit:
Yeah you're not wrong but fukk them both.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
And it's sad, only on thecoli, where apparently folks just can't get their minds off of gay sex, do we have to pretend like a political party being inclusive of gay rights is somehow an equal affront to black rights as direct attempts to hurt our rights by law. It's like nikkas are almost eager for any distraction. To keep us from fighting directly against white supremacy.

This proves ops point. How can one party be such a super team? lol.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I dont think Black folks have the luxury or leeway to Both Sides it..

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Idk why people get upset when this conspiracy theory is discussed, probably because it's so obviously true :yeshrug:

The large corporations, banks, lobbying groups and basically anyone with money controls our government outright by bribing and owning politicians, hell we've known of a form of it as the military industrial complex for decades and going against it got a president assassinated.

The game only works if the general population is preoccupied with fighting each other, so they manipulate society through lots of ways to cause as much friction as possible.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
So to sum it up your point black people really need to get more into civic-engagement :jbhmm:
and...

61ia4gX0RhL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg