Born Sexy Yesterday: #foreign

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I know you'd get the alert but imma tag you regardless @CinnaSlim

So the attraction of inexperienced women on film - with respect to their purity and lack of expectations sexually and otherwise - to jaded and rejected men of the world has been used as a trope/shtick to subconsciously maintain a power dynamic that men like.

It's true, but take the implication of this as far as inexperienced men go; most women as the narrator said are not attracted to inexperience, although men don't mind it (because of power/ego/whatever). What do you think it is about women that makes them not care about a man that has a lot of experience with women and not measuring up to his expectations?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think its a double edge sword. However with that said being as it men that usually run and direct most movies and things of that sort I'm sure thats the main reason its beat over peoples head again and again.

With that said most women aren't attracted to the "inexperienced man" thing. Its not really attractive to women in general. Sure here or there done right with the right guy it might be appealing to the masses. But over all a meek inexperienced man is not something women really find as attractive as far as I always have seen.

I can't count how many times I've heard women complain of a male character not manning up and taking the lead. lol

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I know you'd get the alert but imma tag you regardless @CinnaSlim

So the attraction of inexperienced women on film - with respect to their purity and lack of expectations sexually and otherwise - to jaded and rejected men of the world has been used as a trope/shtick to subconsciously maintain a power dynamic that men like.

It's true, but take the implication of this as far as inexperienced men go; most women as the narrator said are not attracted to inexperience, although men don't mind it (because of power/ego/whatever). What do you think it is about women that makes them not care about a man that has a lot of experience with women and not measuring up to his expectations?
It's expected that men be experienced. Women will hardly ever live up to the expectations put upon them. It's near impossible.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
It's expected that men be experienced. Women will hardly ever live up to the expectations put upon them. It's near impossible.
You're implying that the inverse isn't true (not to the same extent of course but still).

Plus I'm really trying to see why women don't care about how it like men do.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
You're implying that the inverse isn't true (not to the same extent of course but still).

Plus I'm really trying to see why women don't care about how it like men do.
I'm at work but also you said women don't care about men being sexually experienced and not measuring up to his expectations.

Which I thought was weird because women do care about the later more so than they do about experienced men.

Last edited:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I'm at work but also you said women don't care about men being sexually experienced and not measuring up to his expectations.

Which I thought was weird because women do care about the later more so than they do about experienced men.
Oh no, I said that women do care about men being experienced, but I never got the impression from women that they care about a man's number of partners as much as men care about women's numbers and I'm wondering why that is the case.

As far as not measuring up to a man's expectations; I honestly thought of it as a man needing to come correctly with not so much pressure on the woman, (outside of the vulnerability of course). Then again, I'm a man so I can't speak on what women really experience from their perspective.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess this is why I act ditzy (somewhat) on purpose. The idea of a man saving a woman and "upgrading" her is fascinating to me.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Oh no, I said that women do care about men being experienced, but I never got the impression from women that they care about a man's number of partners as much as men care about women's numbers and I'm wondering why that is the case.

As far as not measuring up to a man's expectations; I honestly thought of it as a man needing to come correctly with not so much pressure on the woman, (outside of the vulnerability of course). Then again, I'm a man so I can't speak on what women really experience from their perspective.
Because women don't think like men. It's expected that men sleep around so we aren't as concerned with quantity unless it's an extreme. We are more concerned with quality.

A man can pretty much get off with anyone. A woman needs a man who knows what he is doing. Not everyone wants to teach.

Expecations
Women need to be sexy but not a whore.
Submissive but not a pushover.
Someone who is worthy of a ring but not boring.

Basically Madonna-Whore complex

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Because women don't think like men. It's expected that men sleep around so we aren't as concerned with quantity unless it's an extreme. We are more concerned with quality.

A man can pretty much get off with anyone. A woman needs a man who knows what he is doing. Not everyone wants to teach.

Expecations
Women need to be sexy but not a whore.
Submissive but not a pushover.
Someone who is worthy of a ring but not boring.

Basically Madonna-Whore complex

Pretty much what I thought. Thanks