Borderlands 4 announced | PS5, XBOX SERIES X|S, PC | 2025

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
im gonna be honest, i forgot borderlands 3 existed, which is sad because i loved the first two,
3 was fukking sick*. Loved the builds in it. Still love 2 for when I FINALLY got the Conference Call and paired that bytch with The Bee Shield.

*Hope they done with Faggerlock's story, though.

I swear that character was a cac in the first two games. Then him and his sister both black in the 3rd before we get a Lovecraft based DLC that could only have worked if they shoehorned some nikkas in it.:stopitslime:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I swear that character was a cac in the first two games. Then him and his sister both black in the 3rd before we get a Lovecraft based DLC that could only have worked if they shoehorned some nikkas in it.
What? What the fukk are you talking about about? Hammerlock debuted in BL2 and was black. Aurelia debuted in TPS and was black. Hammerlock is.....sweet, yes, but that was from the beginning.

And what does any of that have to do with the Lovecraft dlc....."needing nikkas" .....?

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
What? What the fukk are you talking about about? Hammerlock debuted in BL2 and was black. Aurelia debuted in TPS and was black. Hammerlock is.....sweet, yes, but that was from the beginning.

And what does any of that have to do with the Lovecraft dlc....."needing nikkas" .....?
Chill, nikka, damn. I thought he was in the first one. The mf looked white when I met him in that snow level. Didn't realize Aurelia was a Hammerlock in TPS either, but I wasn't fully invested in that game as it wasn't really that good.

And the Lovecraft DLC needed black folks or else they would've just got labeled using a well-known anti-black bigot's shyt for fun and profit. Hence, black characters in the DLC to run interference.

It's the same thing with Lovecraft Country. Would've been scrutinized had they not put black people at the forefront.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Chill, nikka, damn. I thought he was in the first one. The mf looked white when I met him in that snow level. Didn't realize Aurelia was a Hammerlock in TPS either, but I wasn't fully invested in that game as it wasn't really that good.

And the Lovecraft DLC needed black folks or else they would've just got labeled using a well-known anti-black bigot's shyt for fun and profit. Hence, black characters in the DLC to run interference.

It's the same thing with Lovecraft Country. Would've been scrutinized had they not put black people at the forefront.
the internet has really convinced folks that some of this stuff is paramount over a product simply being good and worth the money

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
:blessed: Yessir, I'm in the middle of my 2nd playthrough of BL3

I can't wait for this one to come out, the gunplay in Borderlands is so damn fun and addictive:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: rdj

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
1 was meh, 3 was very underwhelming for me that I never finished it.

But 2? One of the best games ever made, and the DLC was fantastic to boot.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't follow. What part is paramount?
people actually buying and staying attached to a property

lets say every racist refused to ever touch a product - but the product still didn't hit marks, retain customers, and managed to actually push otherwise reliable customers away. what does that leave? the racists weren't touching it anyways right? that just leaves the issues.

im not ever going to dismiss racism as a factor in anything, but the online-specific rhetoric that is objectively a fragment of a fragment of any base is consistently grossly over emphasized. and often to a point where glaring flaws in a product get completely overlooked and are allowed to perpetuate.

in this topic specifically - borderlands has always had issues with DLC and anything relating to player retention across all of its titles. framing those problems around the reception of a particular side character doesn't make sense.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I legit didn't know Hammerlock was supposed to be black until right now. :skip: