Borderlands 4 announced | PS5, XBOX SERIES X|S, PC | 2025

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't know if they've got the traction they used to anymore. 3 pushed more people away than it brought in and kept
If they don't repeat the mistakes they made with the BL3 story, I think they have a decent chance at success. The gameplay is still really good, but they need to change their quest mechanics. Having to wait around to hear some dialog before you can interact with the NPC to progress felt awful in BL3 and ruined its replay value. They will never reach the highs of BL2, though; that game was packed with content, likeable characters, and a great villain. OP levels >>> Mayhem levels. They need to move on from Lilith too. No more Claptrap either. His humor has run its course.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If they don't repeat the mistakes they made with the BL3 story, I think they have a decent chance at success. The gameplay is still really good, but they need to change their quest mechanics. Having to wait around to hear some dialog before you can interact with the NPC to progress felt awful in BL3 and ruined its replay value. They will never reach the highs of BL2, though; that game was packed with content, likeable characters, and a great villain. OP levels >>> Mayhem levels. They need to move on from Lilith too. No more Claptrap either. His humor has run its course.
they can't repeat the mistakes because they killed and neutered many of the characters people liked over nothing lol

the fact that they can't recognize that team writing handsome jack in BL2 was the glue is just crazy to me. the humor ran its course because its been written by the backup backups ever since borderlands in space or whatever. they just don't appreciate writing which is fukked up. tiny tina overperformed but like.... the bar was low as fukk and it wasn't that far away from being DLC or an expansion too.

as for the gameplay itself.... they simply need to lean into co-op/matchmade story more and it shores up the vast majority of their retention early on issues. end game? they've got the blueprint already. just maybe not beat their customers over the head with absurd purchase structures fr

rdj

Pro
Daps
Borderlands 3 has the best gameplay of the series but the worst story. Hate how they treated the classic characters.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I have an absurd amount of hours in this series. I used to stream it. I used to make builds for it.

That said - I'mma pass on 4, thx. I do not trust Gearbox and the series has never been deader.
If they don't call up Ash's brother to write 4 like he did 2, they might as well throw the whole IP in the bushes.

rdj

Pro
Daps
I beat 1 and 2... Had 3 on day one and never got past maybe level 20...

How did the fukk up the characters and what about the story made it so bad?
Writers forgetting characters arcs like the one Aurelia went through in the pre-sequel. Certain characters having lame deaths. Other major characters like Tiny Tina and Brick only being seen in a few side quests. The concept of the main villains having major influence due to them being intergalactic streamers were cool but poorly executed. Haven’t played the game since release but these are some of the things I remember.

Last edited: