Boomers Assemble...Quake Series Vs DOOM Series

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
As the year of 2023 soon to end, lets settle this once and for all...which series still hits:

Quake:

Quake1cover.jpg

45e60ufsqmnx.jpg

Or DOOM

Doom_cover_art.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Quake for MP. Doom for SP and co-op, mods, etc

No lie, my son and I did a coop on Quake 1 and dude was like :why:, while I was damn near the end of the stage. The thing that hits about DOOM is that it balances shoot em up with a bit of puzzle, while Quake focuses on puzzle than shoot em up.

Also, the level lay-outs on Quake are fukking atrocious:why:. Like who in their right mind would want to swim to search for a key, go through ten portals, and crawl in the dark just to get a damn door opened.

Don't get me started with that WOAT boss.

Yet the fact remains that the atmosphere and soundtrack alone just hits :noah:. That dark atmospheric slow burn eerie NIN soundtrack, with some strange looking polygon monsters trying to murder gives me the heebie jeebies :whoa:

The multiplayer is bar none. Nothing is fukking with that quick reaction arena gun play. And this is coming from an Unreal Tournament fanboy that understands the blessings and praises.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This right here.

Doom made the FPS hot but Quake 3 multi was:wow:

Brehhhhh I remember when Gamespot TV (XPlay) showed footage of Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 and that blew my friggin mind.

That fast paced arena shooting and bunny hopping. That shyt just hits so different :noah:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brehhhhh I remember when Gamespot TV (XPlay) showed footage of Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 and that blew my friggin mind.

That fast paced arena shooting and bunny hopping. That shyt just hits so different :noah:
I tried playing Quake 3 online and theres some dudes that aint stopped playing since 99. I got stomped pretty bad but still had fun.