Boban Marjanović hilariously misses free throws on purpose to give Clippers fans free chicken

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge

:russ:

Boban Marjanović is a man of the people.

The Houston Rockets center purposefully gave fans at Crypto.com Arena a rare yet iconic parting gift in their season-ending win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday afternoon. He gave them free chicken.

Marjanović intentionally missed a pair of free throws in the fourth quarter of the Rockets’ 116-105 win over the Clippers, which allowed for the common in-game promotion to hit. The Clippers give all fans inside the arena a free Chick-fil-A sandwich if a visiting player misses two consecutive free throws in the fourth quarter of a game.

Of course, Marjanović knew this and made it very clear to fans what he was doing in the moment. Once he missed the second free throw, he even started celebrating with them.

Naturally, even the announcers lost their minds.

The game didn’t mean anything for the Rockets, as they were already eliminated from the playoffs. The Clippers were locked into a matchup with the Dallas Mavericks already in the first round of the playoffs, too, so neither team had anything to play for on Sunday.

So Marjanović, one of the most popular players in the entire league, made sure to take advantage. The 7-foot-4 center finished with 13 points and eight rebounds in 12 minutes on Sunday, which is by far the most he’s played all season.

Marjanović is set to become a free agent this summer, so it’s unclear where he’ll end up. But as everyone both inside the league and outside of it loves him — just look at the bribe he gave fans on Sunday night — he shouldn’t have any issue finding a new home by next fall.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody else please sign him. I don’t mind him on The rockets but I rather use the roster spot for someone who can actually get out there and contribute. Become a assistant coach or
Something if he stays in Houston. I dunno, I never been amused by dude like the rest of the fanabse :francis:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody else please sign him. I don’t mind him on The rockets but I rather use the roster spot for someone who can actually get out there and contribute. Become a assistant coach or
Something if he stays in Houston. I dunno, I never been amused by dude like the rest of the fanabse :francis:

This is goofy. No team has a roster where every single person is an actual contributor. There is always a spot or two that is on some wtf shyt. So having good locker room guys for those slots is perfectly fine.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio

Most teams would want Boban. His vet presence has been lauded everywhere he’s been and he’s had a positive impact on young players. He is respected within the league, and not just because of his personality, but because of his character.

Players like Boban are needed. I remember in an episode of Open Court, the entire crew agreed that in the 80s and 90s, all the teams had like 3 or 4 figures like what Boban is today on the roster. TMac and Barkley specifically said they wouldn’t have made it without those type of people in their early years.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is goofy. No team has a roster where every single person is an actual contributor. There is always a spot or two that is on some wtf shyt. So having good locker room guys for those slots is perfectly fine.

Most teams would want Boban. His vet presence has been lauded everywhere he’s been and he’s had a positive impact on young players. He is respected within the league, and not just because of his personality, but because of his character.

Players like Boban are needed. I remember in an episode of Open Court, the entire crew agreed that in the 80s and 90s, all the teams had like 3 or 4 figures like what Boban is today on the roster. TMac and Barkley specifically said they wouldn’t have made it without those type of people in their early years.
where the fukk was Boban presence when KPJ left the arena at the halftime?

fukk outta with that vet presence bs. He was here during the Silas era and his presence ain’t so shyt for that locker room.