Board Game Appreciation Thread

mr x

Superstar
Daps
The often neglected form of entertainment...So underrated. Nothing like playing some good games with family and friends

Risk - That feeling when you're conquering the globe :banderas:

Who has played Axis and Allies? It's like HD Risk
ah_prod_axis_pic2_en.jpg

13 dead end drive as a kid:lawd:

Ludi
Ludo-3.jpg

DVD/console games are cool too like Video Trivial Pursuit, Scene it, Jeopardy

Share your favorite games

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Ok, we are going to restart this. I'll go. We play this all the time! Great area control, card drafting game. Highly recommend.

pic3979527.jpg

pic3969625.jpg

In Kemet, players each deploy the troops of an Egyptian tribe and use the mystical powers of the gods of ancient Egypt – along with their powerful armies – to score points in glorious battles or through invasion of rich territories. A game is typically played to 8 or 10 victory points, which may be accrued through winning attacks, controlling temples, controlling fully-developed pyramids, sacrificing to the gods, and wielding particular magical powers.

The conquest for the land of Kemet takes place over two phases: Day and Night. During the day, choose an action amongst the nine possible choices provided by your player mat and perform it immediately. Once every player has taken five actions, night falls, with players gathering Prayer Points from their temples, drawing Divine Intervention cards, and determining the turn order before the start of the new day.

As the game progresses, they can use Prayer Points to acquire power tiles. Some of these enroll magical creatures and have them join their troops. In addition to intimidating enemies, these creatures provide special powers!

Detailed miniature components represent the combat units and the supernatural creatures that are summoned to enhance them. Combat is resolved through cards chosen from a diminishing six-card hand and enhanced by bonuses.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I have Monopoly and Ticket To Ride.

I haven't really played much beyond that but would like to have a decent collection of 10 to 20 games someday.

It's a good hobby.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
I have Monopoly and Ticket To Ride.

I haven't really played much beyond that but would like to have a decent collection of 10 to 20 games someday.

It's a good hobby.

Ticket to Ride is a classic game! A lot of versions too. Highly recommend for others especially if you want something quick, not a lot of rules but decent depth of strategy.

pic38668.jpg

pic937076.jpg

:wow:

With elegantly simple gameplay, Ticket to Ride can be learned in under 15 minutes. Players collect cards of various types of train cars they then use to claim railway routes in North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who fulfill Destination Tickets – goal cards that connect distant cities; and to the player who builds the longest continuous route.

"The rules are simple enough to write on a train ticket – each turn you either draw more cards, claim a route, or get additional Destination Tickets," says Ticket to Ride author, Alan R. Moon. "The tension comes from being forced to balance greed – adding more cards to your hand, and fear – losing a critical route to a competitor."

Ticket to Ride continues in the tradition of Days of Wonder's big format board games featuring high-quality illustrations and components including: an oversize board map of North America, 225 custom-molded train cars, 144 illustrated cards, and wooden scoring markers.

Since its introduction and numerous subsequent awards, Ticket to Ride has become the BoardGameGeek epitome of a "gateway game" -- simple enough to be taught in a few minutes, and with enough action and tension to keep new players involved and in the game for the duration.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Need to up this thread. Lots of great games have been dropping lately :wow:

Just playtested this one on Tabletop Simulator. Copped off the rip :wow:

I've been into buying the "RPG-In-A-Box" games lately. This is definitely a good one.

Last edited: