BMW 3 E90

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Is it any good? I want to try European car, and BMW appeal me the most.

Read a lot of horror stories how this shyt can fall apart. I am from Russia and will be driving it there. It costs like $20-23k for 2006 model there. :snoop:

Want to hear what owners of this car can say about it.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
2001-2006= e46 BMW M3

2003_BMW_M3_CSL_E46_0.jpg

2007–present= e90 e92 e93 BMW M3

e90 (4 door M3)
attachment.php

e92 (2 door M3)
attachment.php

e93 (Convertible M3)
BMW-M3_E93_Convertible_mp2_pic_51041.jpg

So which one you talking about getting?

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
since i got in a wreck with my mazda i opting to go european this time around, the E90s look so nice....but the things im hearing about reliability so far are sort of irking me.

theres like nothing mechanical in the car at all, even the throttle is electronic.:patrice:

a million and one sensors:patrice:

run flat tires:patrice:

electric water pump:patrice:

alternator bearing problems.:patrice:

"A big issue I have found with the E90s is sourcing the ZF transmission fluid for a reasonable price (about $300 for the dealer to do). There are no alternate fluids currently and the ZF LG6 fluid seems to be somewhat expensive per liter ($20+ for one liter and a drain/fill uses 6-8L?). And when you have a 335 you aren't going to drive "normal" to last their 100k miles "lifetime".":patrice:

high pressure fuel pump issues:patrice:

no dipstick to check your oil levels:patrice:

and other random quirks like that.

sort of off putting but the E90 looks so niceeeeeeeee

the stance on the 06 330i:datazz:

images

ill probably end up buying something certified from a bmw dealership just to be on the safe side.

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The N54 Twin Turbo motor isn't known for its reliability. Tons of issues with these cars. Don't get me wrong it's an amazing motor when its working but too many things go wrong on these. Fuel pumps, wastegates, turbos, waterpumps etc

The 328 however is much more reliable. Simple naturally aspirated power, and not as many problems.

If you got extra cash lying around and can deal with time in the shop, get the 335i. It's a very nice ride when it's working.

The 328i isn't as fast, but it's got enough power for most peoples needs in day to day driving. Silky I-6 engine, and more reliable.

I'd personally skip the 335i if it didn't come with a warranty.

Daps
Its like rolling the dice....Do your research go drive one and make your decision. There are people with no issues at all. Then there are those that have replaced their Fuel Pump 4 times and have already replaced their turbos before 60k (keep in mind these are extended warranty items).

Ignition coil packs, spark plugs, water pump, these are common complaints. Go to some of the Bimmer forums and read up on them...just remember the people with issues will always speak the loudest.

There are plenty of happy 3 owners on this forum...There are also people who have 3s and regret buying them.

Now lets talk about the fun stuff. You go 335i and for 700 bucks you'll be into the 420hp range.

Aero lip + M tech bumper + CSL trunk = Victory

The 3 is a marvel, not because its the fastest, or best looking, or best handling or most luxurious, or most efficient. Its a marvel because it excels in all of those areas.(in comparison to its competition)

Let us know how the test drive goes

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny: I'd recommend it. I've got a 2011 with the N55 (more reliable) engine and I've got no complaints.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
I don't get it when people say owning cars cost money. Any car you own is obvious that you're going to spend money. Whether it be standard maintenance or repairs.

Obviously the foreign european cars cost more. (I'm speaking first hand of course) but that's why they cost so much to begin with. You can't buy a Bentley and expect to put $100 tires on there when u need new ones.

And most of these new Honda and Nissan engines require full synthetic high grade oil changes. That standard shyt don't cut it anymore. So even the basic cars are getting more expensive to maintain everyday.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nice looking cars, fun, sporty... they don't seem very reliable and this is coming from a B5 S4 owner.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't get it when people say owning cars cost money. Any car you own is obvious that you're going to spend money. Whether it be standard maintenance or repairs.

Obviously the foreign european cars cost more. (I'm speaking first hand of course) but that's why they cost so much to begin with. You can't buy a Bentley and expect to put $100 tires on there when u need new ones.

And most of these new Honda and Nissan engines require full synthetic high grade oil changes. That standard shyt don't cut it anymore. So even the basic cars are getting more expensive to maintain everyday.

Most take premium gas, and maintenance is mad expensive if your out if warranty

If I was leasing a brand new car id go european, if I'm buying a used car I'm going Japanese

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta