Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC, Xbox One, Switch, 3DS, Vita, PS4)

Daps
introMainIMG.jpg

Battle with swords and whips in this retro-style action game brought to you by game creator Koji Igarashi and Inti Creates!

Play as Zangetsu, a demon slayer bearing a deep grudge, who must travel through perilous lands to defeat a powerful demon lurking in a dark castle. Zangetsu will meet fellow travelers along the way, who can join your journey as playable characters.

Switching to these characters with their unique abilities will unlock new paths through the treacherous stages. Your choices in recruiting these adventurers will change the difficulty of the game, and may even affect the ending!

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Official web site

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Huh? Wrong game breh.
Aren't Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon spiritual successors to Castlevania, just like Might Number 9 was of Mega Man?
I read this was some sort of spin off or something to that effect of Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night which has yet to come out after all this time.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I got this for free as I am a backer for the main game. Let me preface by saying that the main game so far from previews doesnt look very good. The graphics are very offputting. Plus you gotta wonder about these kickstarter games right?

So I DL'ed this last night with low expectations. :manny:

Brehs...Its straight fire. I think maybe if you're a youngin you might not appreciate it, but this game actually made me feel like i was a kid playing NES again. And not just playing some random NES game, but a CLASSIC. The controls are exactly like OG NES titles. The art is actual 8BIT, and its fukking great art, not like those shytty indie games that say they got pixel art but it looks like shyt. This game looks good. The music is great. Even the fukking pause menu looks dope. If you play this you will notice the attention to detail, this is quality. No cut corners.

Gimmick wise, the TMNT switch characters thing works excellently and adds a nice layer of strategy since each character plays differently and has diff stats. All the characters have their own gimmicks, I dont wanna spoil it, just play it. Just know each character has different strengths and its not just a 'who has more health so i can swap them in.'

Difficulty wise the game is very very fair, but has unlockable harder difficulties. The boss battles in particular are really fun. They arent too tough to figure out, and usually require you to hop around between characters, so if one is dead it can make the boss fight way harder. I have only played the first 3 stages mind you so I cant say how the later bosses are, but the first 3 bosses and the first 3 worlds were all really well done and very different from eachother.

I thought this was just gonna be some bullshyt....but this is actually a classic NES castlevania game that we never got.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how non backers can play on the console of their choice before the backers.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Finally got my PS4 and Switch key

44GMD-DC98F-8KJYP

llt23

All Star
Daps
Just wanna add that this game has more content than you originally expect. After you beat it once you unlock nightmare mode, which adds i think 2 levels and a new final boss, and puts a twist on your party. Then there is a third mode you can unlock which I wont spoil but Im working on that now. But just unlocking this third mode is a whole new game onto itself is all I will say.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Played through this on Switch
Nice throwback to CastleVania III.
It is significantly easier on default difficulty than any of the NES CastleVania titles.
I'm sure the later difficulties are that same fukk you level of difficulty as those games though

llt23

All Star
Daps
Played through this on Switch
Nice throwback to CastleVania III.
It is significantly easier on default difficulty than any of the NES CastleVania titles.
I'm sure the later difficulties are that same fukk you level of difficulty as those games though

A lot of the NES BS isnt in this to make it more fair.

Actually when you beat the game you dont unlock a new difficulty setting, you unlock a new mode called Nightmare. Boss fights are harder in Nightmare, similar patterns but attacks are much harder to dodge, and some bosses can be a lot harder to approach and land a hit on. And
you dont have Zangetsu as a party member
which makes it tougher. Still manageable without losing too many lives though. Theres also a new stage and new final boss. The new final boss was probably the hardest fight I've done, its hard to read the patterns....I couldnt see the tells that well.

So a little more to update. Theres a third mode thats unlockable by
killing all your homies instead of recruiting them at the end of the first few stages, and beating the game solo Zangetsu

So basically in order to see all the content the game has to offer you gotta play through it 4 times. The content here is legit, though I have no idea what the final unlocked mode is.