Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh, at this point I'm just trying understand where I'm supposed to be going period. I beat the boss with Alfred, it dropped a Chalice and I got Lamp inside the Church. It's a dead end after beating that boss so I'm confused if there's something I missed.

I just beat the big dude in the Dungeon, and unlocked a door. Right now, I'm backtracking about to fight the breh with the Gatling gun and I don't even know if that's what I'm supposed to be doing

:manny:
You don't have to fight the guy with the gattling gun but if you kill him (be prepared for an irritating fight) it'll make traveling the area a lot easier if you want to farm echoes or go inside the building to the right and pick up a new weapon and some armor. After you beat Blood Starved Beast you go to Cathedral Ward to fight Vicar Amelia.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
:wtf:

So I can't just play the game on my own and understand where I'm supposed to go next?

You need to go back to the Cathedral Ward it sounds like. Make sure you have 10k in echoes and you can buy the Hunters Chief Emblem. Once you've bought that go to the Cathedral Ward and take a left out of there, then right up the stairs where that big ass white dude is walking around. Use that Hunters Chief Emblem at the top of those stairs to unlock that gate and that will advance you to the next area.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You don't have to fight the guy with the gattling gun but if you kill him (be prepared for an irritating fight) it'll make traveling the area a lot easier if you want to farm echoes or go inside the building to the right and pick up a new weapon and some armor. After you beat Blood Starved Beast you go to Cathedral Ward to fight Vicar Amelia.
If you want to kill him easily,

climb the ladder, poke your head up there so he sees you then climb back down. He'll kill himself.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL

climb the ladder, poke your head up there so he sees you then climb back down. He'll kill himself.
For some reason that only worked for me once. I usually knock him off the building by shooting him as soon as i see him until he falls or using the Charge Spinning Axe attack to knock him off

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
For some reason that only worked for me once. I usually knock him off the building by shooting him as soon as i see him until he falls or using the Charge Spinning Axe attack to knock him off
Well my skills are at a level now, id just straight beat his mutha fukkin ass, but back then, that worked for me. :manny:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You need to go back to the Cathedral Ward it sounds like. Make sure you have 10k in echoes and you can buy the Hunters Chief Emblem. Once you've bought that go to the Cathedral Ward and take a left out of there, then right up the stairs where that big ass white dude is walking around. Use that Hunters Chief Emblem at the top of those stairs to unlock that gate and that will advance you to the next area.
I ended up figuring it out, but it was because I just randomly went back to the Cathedral Ward, before I even saw this.

Also, I bought that Hunters Chief Emblem after I beat the Cleric Beast... I didn't know I was supposed to go down in the sewers to go further, so I farmed Echoes and bought that Emblem thinking some passage way would open for me. Only thing I'm not feeling about this game is the lack of direction in terms of what key items open what. Just beat Vicar Amelia and I've already legit stumped/lost twice already because I just didn't check one way to go, or had no clue I was supposed to go back to a certain area and proceed.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't even know how many times I tried this, but all I know is, after dying countless times... I wasn't able to summon the other hunter. shyt was just grayed out or disabled
:francis:

So I had to solo the shyt myself... I also wasted the damn mist shyt that stops this bytch from regenerating health before I even knew what I had to use it for :snoop:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't even know how many times I tried this, but all I know is, after dying countless times... I wasn't able to summon the other hunter. shyt was just grayed out or disabled
:francis:

So I had to solo the shyt myself... I also wasted the damn mist shyt that stops this bytch from regenerating health before I even knew what I had to use it for :snoop:

Oh, you had a rough time with her? She was the 2nd easiest boss to me. Funny, I never even got around to seeing her regenerate her health back when I fought her.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I'm pretty certain you don't have to beat Blood Starved Beast to fight/before fighting Vicar Amelia.

Yeah, I heard about that tactic and it didn't work for me, so I had to beat him the old fashioned way. Was damn near boss fight length to kill his ass. Didn't die, just was a shyt load of back n forth and dodging.

I need to get back to playing this game and finishing it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh, you had a rough time with her? She was the 2nd easiest boss to me. Funny, I never even got around to seeing her regenerate her health back when I fought her.
I was playing wreckless when I had the other hunter with me, so I was just using her as a distraction as I mashed her with the axe. When I decided to switched back to the cane it was more stick and move and I could evade her attacks better than with the axe. I was just eating attacks when I was using the axe, but by the time I switch to the cane, I couldn't even summon the other hunter anymore.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I was playing wreckless when I had the other hunter with me, so I was just using her as a distraction as I mashed her with the axe. When I decided to switched back to the cane it was more stick and move and I could evade her attacks better than with the axe. I was just eating attacks when I was using the axe, but by the time I switch to the cane, I couldn't even summon the other hunter anymore.
Make sure you backtrack before you beat the spider. :shaq:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Make sure you backtrack before you beat the spider. :shaq:

I never made it to the spider. I backtracked a bit before that fight I believe, but I think I screwed up something with that wet nurse deal or something, as that's like the last thing I remember doing when I last played the game some 6 months ago.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So rii now I have 3 bosses I currently have to beat but can't beat any of em (vicar, the lightning beast in unseen village, and the 1st layer boss in the first chalice dungeon)
:snoop:
Fck this game :mjcry:
Keeps pulling me back :wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I never made it to the spider. I backtracked a bit before that fight I believe, but I think I screwed up something with that wet nurse deal or something, as that's like the last thing I remember doing when I last played the game some 6 months ago.
Don't get the true ending if you don't get the 3 umbilical cords.

I get the casual ending without them.