Blockchain technology

Karb

Veteran
Daps
This is the technology that is behind crypto currencies like Bitcoin. It's going to grow very rapidly in the coming years according to many analysts. Financial institutions and governments are going to adopt it for things like record keeping, contracts, etc..

What is Blockchain Technology? A Step-by-Step Guide For Beginners

11 Blockchain Technology Stocks

I'm trying to learn more about this. See if I can invest in some of the companies that are developing this technology.

Forget about crypto currency, I think this is what we should be looking into.

Don't say I didn't try to put y'all on game :ufdup:

Any brehs who have looked into it are free to share their knowledge as well.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Yep coins are mostly short term and s omelong term investments but the block chain is looking long term.

It's basically a decentralized, more secure form of database. It's going to revolutionize how financial institutions, governments and companies keep their records.

There is a host of small companies that are developing products based on this technology. Some of them are probably going to become huge in the near future. I'm trying to learn more about this whole technology and the companies that are currently working with it.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Good luck trying to find any companies doing any serious work with it. I think there’s still a huge gap in trust...the big industries are still :whoa: about it

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Good luck trying to find any companies doing any serious work with it. I think there’s still a huge gap in trust...the big industries are still :whoa: about it

It seems that they're coming onboard breh.. the financial industry in particular.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
30005.jpg
How to invest in this ?

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Other fancy terms are sometimes used to describe the technology being developed. Distributed public ledger is a favorite -- there's also more talk about distributed ledgers that aren't public -- of which blockchain is just one technical approach, as Antony Lewis of R3 explains.

Lewis, the Singapore-based director of research at this consortium of global banks and government organizations, is part of a team now working to apply so-called "atomic" transactions, where both the monetary amount and a financial security change ownership simultaneously. This could potentially reduce counterparty risk, boost liquidity, speed up processing times and cut costs. It's an example of digital ledger technology that's not bitcoin.

Credit Suisse, a member of R3, last year demonstrated the use of digital ledgers for syndicated loans. A deployment of blockchain, but not bitcoin.

JPMorgan, which quit R3 to go in a different direction, is putting its efforts into Quorum, which calls itself an "enterprise-focused version of ethereum." Another example of blockchain technology that isn't bitcoin.

What critics need to learn is that finance executives aren't skeptical of blockchain. They decry bitcoin because they know the difference, and they understand that digital ledger technologies are capable of so much more.

Blockchain ≠ Bitcoin

Companies like IBM are working on blockchain based solutions.

How Blockchain Is Enabling the New Era of Digital Financial Investments

Karb

Veteran
Daps
How to invest in this ?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Many of the major companies that are developing blockchain based solutions are calling it something else (such as "digital trade chain"). There are also some smaller companies.

I posted a link that mentions 11 companies that are developing blockchain technologies.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Finally, there's Chain Inc. This company works with financial markets -- those on Wall Street, for example -- to completely change their traditional ways of working with money. Basically, Chain Inc. is building a suite of blockchain-based technologies specifically for use by banks, stock exchanges and credit card companies. These technologies will enable these entities to move, store, trade and manage financial assets quickly. Additionally, these movements of assets will be moved securely and with a much lower risk to the system as a whole.

The company is already working with big players like Nasdaq, Citibank, Visa and Orange. Their participation and interest demonstrate just what a big difference blockchain technology can make. And it's no surprise. Chain Inc., according to its website, is "on a mission to enable a smarter and more connected financial system. We build the cryptographic ledgers that underpin breakthrough financial products and services."

IBM is currently creating a blockchain technologythat's going to be used by seven of Europe's largest banks, including HSBC, with the idea of facilitating international trade for small- and medium-sized enterprises. So, in addition to providing the kinds of solutions mentioned above for banks, Blockchain can also be used to track payments.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
So, we are being persuaded to trade in even more privacy in the name of security. Fiat currency will become even more valuable.

Is this what people truly want?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Like Scotty (the real one) said "Aye, sir. The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". The blockchain has a single point of failure (and control) despite what they say AND the PK gen algorithm allows for clashes.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Like Scotty (the real one) said "Aye, sir. The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". The blockchain has a single point of failure (and control) despite what they say AND the PK gen algorithm allows for clashes.

Elaborate breh :patrice: