Black women enlist in the military at higher rates than any other demographic

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
"Black women are enlisting in the military at far higher rates than are white or Hispanic women, and they now represent nearly a third of all the women in the armed forces, a new study by the Pew Research Center has found.

The study found that of the 167,000 enlisted women in the military, 31 percent are black, twice their percentage in the civilian female population. Black men represent about 16 percent of the male enlisted population, roughly equal to their proportion in the civilian population.

White women, by comparison, represent 53 percent of women in the military, while accounting for 78 percent of the civilian female population. The study, which is based on demographic data collected by the Defense Department, confirmed what military experts have known for years: that black women are a crucial source of new recruits for the armed forces, especially for the Army and the Air Force.
"
Sista soldiers: Black American women in the military

I agree with the last line... my mom was in the air force

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This is no surprise.

This one sista who was in the army that I knew from College, talked about her experiences in the army, and how she never got the same respect for being a Vet, as her White male counterparts.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
This is no surprise.

This one sista who was in the army that I knew from College, talked about her experiences in the army, and how she never got the same respect for being a Vet, as her White male counterparts.

White veterans >>>>>>> other races
They treat each other like gods but that's probably because they're still the majority and they're still the main ones dying for their country so they get more recognition.

Some civilians are catching on tho. I remember one time we went to a buffet and myself and two of my co-workers/good friends who were also black had deployed so there was this white woman coming up to us to hug us and say thank you. Meanwhile she passed by our white co-worker and didn't say shyt to him because she knew he had never been deployed.

I'll admit I was skeptical about her approach at first because we all happened to be black :patrice: but people that know their shyt will respect soldiers that deployed over those who haven't

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
White veterans >>>>>>> other races
They treat each other like gods but that's probably because they're still the majority and they're still the main ones dying for their country so they get more recognition.

Some civilians are catching on tho. I remember one time we went to a buffet and myself and two of my co-workers/good friends who were also black had deployed so there was this white woman coming up to us to hug us and say thank you. Meanwhile she passed by our white co-worker and didn't say shyt to him because she knew he had never been deployed.

I'll admit I was skeptical about her approach at first because we all happened to be black :patrice: but people that know their shyt will respect soldiers that deployed over those who haven't
That's real. Black people have been dying for this country since Crispus Attucks. And they've never gotten the same amount of praise by the Whites. Hell, look at the way they treated Jeremiah Wright.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder why?
To escape. Going to college isn't a guarantee, unemployment numbers are up and opportunities are looking bleak. The military seems like the more stable path, imo. I thought about it when I was in my 20's but my mom was like :whoa: