Black trans woman's message about treatment of Black Women

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps

This was her personal message to Black trans women about the disconnection of the treatment of Black women with the high rate of Black trans women killings (disproportionate rate among the trans community/ lgbtq in general)

Points she touches in the video.

• Name calling from men
  • Physical Abuse
  • Emotional Abuse
  • Hair policing
  • Job discrimination
  • Clothing policing and becoming a target for clothing choices
  • Broken Black family & Single mothers
  • Attack on Black femininity by Black Women & Black Men
  • Psychological Abuse
  • Victim blamed causing silence (rape)
  • Abandonment
  • Stress for family's well being
  • Financial stress
  • Low pay
  • Lack of protection
  • Being side chicks/not good enough to get the title
  • Lack of support
  • Cheated on
  • Single no matter how beautiful or educated
  • Insecurity from constant critique
  • Dangers of rejecting violent men
  • Cattiness between women
  • Harassment
  • 64,000 + missing Black women and no one cares.
  • When Black women are incarcerated Black men don't visit but when Black men are incarcerated Black women are always visiting.

@Milk N Cookies @Raava @PeridotPuss @Giselle @LeeDoubleLee @Leissyondabrain @Queen Nefertiti @Jasmine20 @Queen of the Dead @The5thLetter @GoldCoastSaint @Ashley Banks @Holy Berry @Regine Hunter
@DarlingNikki @Amy Traphouse @misery @gogogubari @Colicat @Woman of God @Ms.CuriousCat @No One Else @Kant @CinnaSlim

Last edited:

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Damn, pretty much.

Its a badge of honor to be a Black woman because it takes a lot to make it, definitely not some fairytale. Black women are constantly picked apart and abused. You have to be strong, not only survive, but also thrive and you won't really get any props for making it except from other Black women and some Black men. Its like a club and you really have to earn respect the hard way to get in it. Dont think you can transition and be pretty so get treated pretty, doesnt work like that.

Refreshing to hear a trans acknowledge this.

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
I wish people could see the strengths that us black women possess. We see it all, been through it all and we're still standing tall.

Also I want to say, I love my trans brothers and sisters. You guys have so much power and love in you. Go out into this world and show all the ignorant people that power.

@Jayne
Much love to you sis!

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Also I want to say, I love my trans brothers and sisters. You guys have so much power and love in you. Go out into this world and show all the ignorant people that power.

I feel the same way about gays and trans. Some of the most giving, kind-hearted people I've ever met. If I enter a room of new people I immediately look for a gay man..instant friendship lol.

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
I've been bisexual before I knew what it was. My mom didn't teach me about any of that. I was always told "Don't think about any boyfriends." What I wanted to ask is, "What about girls?" I came out of that dark and lonely closet when I was 15 and live life. People still tell me that I have to stop "Straddling the fence" but I tell them, "I didn't choose this, I just like t*ts and dikk." :yeshrug:
I feel the same way about gays and trans. Some of the most giving, kind-hearted people I've ever met. If I enter a room of new people I immediately look for a gay man..instant friendship lol.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I need to watch I started it and saw how long it was so I'm going to put it on later when I start working on things.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
There is no winning with some people, which Is why I recommend ESPECIALLY for black women to do as they please. Criticism is guaranteed from every angle
I tell black women this all the time. You have to be selfish and look out for yourself because what others want may not be in the best interest of you.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Interesting conversation to be had. How does one not become an Angry Black woman in a world designed to make you that way?

How do you not just survive but also thrive under the thumb of white supremacy?

How do you stave off survivors guilt when you actually do learn how to thrive?
:ostare:
So many questions, so few answers

Last edited:

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
Ima have to come back and view the video from someone else's phone don't wanna run out my GB.

But those points tho :wow:

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
There is no winning with some people, which Is why I recommend ESPECIALLY for black women to do as they please. Criticism is guaranteed from every angle

Its manipulation, people have to do a better job at spotting this tactic.

I think in this social era where acceptance is the goal, people are not as good as spotting manipulation.

People would overlook manipulation even if crosses the line as being harmless to being abusive.

Some people get a sick and twisted satisfaction in emotionally, physically, and financially draining others.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Interesting conversation to be had. How does one not become Angry Black woman in a world designed to make you that way?

How do you not just survive but also thrive under the thumb of white supremacy?

How do stave off survivors guilt when you actually do learn how to thrive?
:ostare:
So many questions, so few answers

No reason to be angry or paranoid, just know the foul types are easy to spot and just avoid them instead of being skeptical of everyone.

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
I appreciate her candor. This is possibly the realist video Ive seen in a long time. Subscribed. Shes right. No one wants to talk about what shes saying.

Perhaps it needed to come from a transwomans mouth because the few times these topics have been touched on by cis Black women, they get labeled transphobic.

The world of being a Black woman is not easy. A transwoman who willingly gives up her male privilege needs to understand that.

Great post OP.