Black redditors discussing corporal punishment.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps

One post stood out to me:
Makes me feel good that this is the top comment.

It’s not just a black thing. Lots of people got beat as kids and they grow up and laugh about it and then they beat their kids.

My dad spanked me. Not hard, not often, but I was always scared of my dad as a kid. My heart would race when he came home. I subconsciously saw my dad as a source of humiliation. And when you humiliate a young boy, you can create a very aggressive, violent man.

I’m not kicking anyone’s ass but I break things when I get angry. I get angry incredibly easily. JUST like my dad. It makes me not want to have kids.

I don’t have any proof of this but I’m very confident that humiliating young boys makes them fear humiliation as an adult so much that they’re willing to commit violence to try to avoid it.

Lot of people don’t talk about how Mike Tyson was raped on the street as a kid. Then he became the Champion of Champions, the “monster” everyone feared. Until Evander Holyfield dominated him in that fight. He felt helpless and humiliated again. So he did something absolutely crazy and violent so even if he lost, no one would think he was soft.

:jbhmm:

Will any of yall hit your kids?