Black Panther real numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I keep hearing about record numbers black panther is doing, but I'm not seeing the real numbers. How much did the main cast get paid? Is it comparable to any of the other Marvel universe star?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Somebody posted it in another BP thread, but Chadwick Boseman made 854,000 from the movie.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Saw a vid in ytube which i doubt is credible but

Yeah saw that vid, numbers there I couldn't back up or confirm on any other site. And different than what was mentioned in other threads.

With all black pride and excellence and financial impacts every1 is talking about with black panther it's funny how hard and hidden the actors salaries are. Wld luv to see the top 6 actors in each Marvel flicks salaries compared to Black Panthers

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah saw that vid, numbers there I couldn't back up or confirm on any other site. And different than what was mentioned in other threads.

With all black pride and excellence and financial impacts every1 is talking about with black panther it's funny how hard and hidden the actors salaries are. Wld luv to see the top 6 actors in each Marvel flicks salaries compared to Black Panthers
to be honest salaries are part agent and part (actor) leverage non of the actors in black panther have any so arent exactly irreplaceable. So they were definitely lowballed but thats par for the course. The only person that had some clout and should have worked himself some deal before signing is coogler

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Most principal cast have escalators, when the films hit certain benchmarks. A good agent negotiates for more, but in the case of Daniel for example, Get Out came out and had success after he had already signed on Black Panther. If that came out and succeeded to that level before, he would have stood to make more money.

You have to understand, there are a ton of black actors and the supply allows them to low ball (especially for an origin film). However, sequels is where the major paydays come from.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
to be honest salaries are part agent and part (actor) leverage non of the actors in black panther have any so arent exactly irreplaceable. So they were definitely lowballed but thats par for the course. The only person that had some clout and should have worked himself some deal before signing is coogler

Coogler now has Marvel/Disney over a barrel. They have to pay him big money now (and WME is going to go for it), because if he is not directing the sequel and turns out weak, everyone is going to be very critical of that decision. So Alan Horn, Bob Iger and Kevin Feige are going to have to figure out a price point for Ryan. He might easily end up with an 8 figure payday for the sequel (not including what he could get for the backend).

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Marvel are renowned for paying shytty money if your name isn’t Robert Downey junior so wouldn’t be surprised.
Unless hawkeyes, sara jennings and hemsworth were making significantly more in thor i dont have a problem with those numbers (though i think marvel paid them even lower). What exactly is lupita doing? MBJ is yet to accomplish anything of substance without coogler. Nobody saw thurgood marshall or the other couple of biopics chadwick has done. and peele is gettin all the credit for get out not kuluuya so bargaining power isnt exactly there.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Coogler now has Marvel/Disney over a barrel. They have to pay him big money now (and WME is going to go for it), because if he is not directing the sequel and turns out weak, everyone is going to be very critical of that decision. So Alan Horn, Bob Iger and Kevin Feige are going to have to figure out a price point for Ryan. He might easily end up with an 8 figure payday for the sequel (not including what he could get for the backend).
Thing is they sought him in the first place and just coming off creed's box office (and fruitvale's critical) success he was always in a position of power to get his. If he got hosed thats on him

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Every1 making excuses and no1 even posting the actual numbers.

Michael b Jordan ain't no rookie what he get?

Lupita got 2 stars flicks n 12 yrs a slave what she get paid? Was it more than dude who played spiderman or ant man.

I'm seeing pure excuses n bu bu bu buts but no1 posting all da actual numbers.

Did our ppl get treated like slaves here? Earn all dis loot for dem n get paid jack crap n no1 talking bout it?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Every1 making excuses and no1 even posting the actual numbers.

Michael b Jordan ain't no rookie what he get?

Lupita got 2 stars flicks n 12 yrs a slave what she get paid? Was it more than dude who played spiderman or ant man.

I'm seeing pure excuses n bu bu bu buts but no1 posting all da actual numbers.

Did our ppl get treated like slaves here? Earn all dis loot for dem n get paid jack crap n no1 talking bout it?

It’s not really excuses if muthafukkas don’t know.

Actor salaries for films don’t usually get released UNLESS

1). It was an astronomical number in the $20 million category

2). There’s some kind of scandal and one actor is pissed that they got lowballed (like Terrence Howard did)

I said this before, but I don’t know why people are just setting an expectation that the actors on Black Panther got fukked or lowballed. Is it possible? Yes. But Ike Perlmutter, who was the one who screwed over Terrence Howard and was a racist, vile piece of shyt, is gone now. Feige is the one in charge, and more importantly almost every actor in the movie has some sort of leverage

1). Ryan Coogler was coming off of Creed, a HUGE critical and boxoffice success which breathed new life into a decrepit franchise and got old ass washed up Sylvester Stallone an Oscar Nom.

2). Michael B Jordan- pretty much the same as Coogler, also one of the hottest young actors in the industry.

3). Chadwicke Boseman was always Marvel’s top choice for the role. He had been in negotiations for the role for almost two years, and was coming off huge critical acclaim for both 42 and Get On Up.

4). Lupita N’yongo is an Oscar winner who had also just come off Star Wars.

The only actors in the film who was a relative new face was Letitia Wright as Shuri and Wiston Duke as M’Baku and now that their characters have broken “out” they could negotiate better contracts for the sequels, so they will definitely eat come Black Panther 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.