Black nation state building rpg

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Six neighboring states to create nation states, what would be the first state you would choose to start from and how would you build up it's infrastructure? What would you include and how would you build up thr surrounding states?

Consider Trading, foritfication , agriculture and raw materials.

How would you structure your society? What form of government would you adopt or would you create one? What would your economy be based on?

And what would be it's outlook on gobal relations (semi-isolationist. ect.) Consider your nearest neighbor (America)

Who would be allowed in your new nation state? (Immigration ect.)

Might turn this into a game.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
I'll bite.
Mind you I don't know much about these types of games.

If I was to choose a state, it would be a small island nation. Maybe less than 5 million in population.

First and foremost, I would try to get a distant power to ensure my countries security and livelihood against larger powers.
Might have to offer either my nation as a strategic location in terms of trade, a tourism center, nutraceuticals, genetics, IT and clean energy.

Infrastructure would be built up by local contractors. I'd concentrate on using money from tourism and channeling it into a fund for infrastructural development.

I'd coordinate with other states in tourism (I'd emphasize and organize tourism all over my island or designated spots for humble locals attractions to complement hotels) to get customers flowing from one island to another. We'd all eat by playing to our strengths.
I'd also coordinate on foreign policy to maximize our teamwork and play off larger nations.

I'd structure society with military and volunteer service to make discipline ingrained like Israel maybe.
I'd have a democratic republic.
I'd have a market economy.
We definitely would not be isolationist.

As for immigration, I'd want to have people who wanted to become part of my nation badly, showed initiative for ways to build up the country, be smart, and ready to show risks in creating businesses.