Black men...where are we finding community outside of the church and fraternities?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't need any connections from an internet stranger I'm good. Fraternities aren't a community no matter how many connections you get big fella

But they're from the community, lil fella. If you were born and raised in any big city with a large black population, you have connections with fraternities. Even if you hate frats, and think they are k00ns, you know you can call one if you needed to. Stay yo goofy a$$ in the burbs and stay out of black peoples affairs.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The place where the culture tells me every black man hangs out......the strip club.

I kid. Great topic and necessary conversation

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
But they're from the community, lil fella. If you were born and raised in any big city with a large black population, you have connections with fraternities. Even if you hate frats, and think they are k00ns, you know you can call one if you needed to. Stay yo goofy a$$ in the burbs and stay out of black peoples affairs.
call them for what exactly?

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being from the community isn't being A community.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
call them for what exactly?

Depends on what you need.. The foundation of all fraternities was its connections to the establishment. Its been that way since "1901".. Its a complex conversation if you're not aware of black history in america.

DrDoom

All Star
Daps
I work in IT
Old coworkers and high school/college buddies that been day 1s

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who said "trust"? :pachaha: Once again, you looking for something more. A community isnt a family. You get that at "home".
I said extended family. And not everyone has a stable home. I'm a grown man with a mortgage payment I don't need some goofy frat dudes help.... but There shouldn't be trust within a community? Lol aight bruh you got it.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
This is what happened when I tried to go to a "safe space" for Black men. Never again :childplease:

In the middle of it a woman came and the speaker came and said "Stand up men! We got a queen here and she ain't got a man!" or something to that effect.
Strike 1

The rules also included no misogny or homophobia. I understand and agree with both but there are many spaces now where ones opinion, especially a Black man's can be misconstrued as bigoted so I thought that was some bullshyt there.
Strike 2

In his beginning topics he used the term "cis hetero straight men" more than once

Strike 3

:camby: