Black men...where are we finding community outside of the church and fraternities?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am NOT going to one of these again.

eFBTaNo.png

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Honestly, I don't know. I've always found it difficult to connect with other black males anyway. There always seemed to be this emphasis on appearing cool, and unbothered. Stoicism, I think, is what I'm getting at. These days I'm more interested in getting to the bottom of who I am. I have a lot of issues, from childhood, that are starting to resurface. I have to focus on myself first before I can worry about connecting with others. It would be nice if there were more opportunities for us to connect with one another as a black male collective.

Thats not what stoicism is. Thats that trope from cartoons and anime that women keep using as a false definition.

Vipassana = Indians
Zen = Asians
Stoicism = West
Cool [under pressure] = Africa/Black

All three involved being centered and balanced.

It's not standing in a corner with your arms crossed, with a stern look on your face while your hair flows in the wind like these thinkpieces say it is.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I know this post is going to ruffle a lot of feathers but the truth always does.

This is the hierarchy of who corporate America prefers hiring in terms of preference of “blacks”:
How many years of experience do you have in corporate America :jbhmm:

Daps
fukk you mean why not :dahell: ?
Where in the Bible does it say for a bunch of nikkas to congregate together and have no bytches around. Even Jesus had Mary Magdalene with him :what:

You do not need women around a men's centered conference..... women dont ask "where are the men" at their meetups.....

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You do not need women around a men's centered conference..... women dont ask "where are the men" at their meetups.....
I keep forgetting I'm from a different generation than you nikkas. I grew up in a time when there were only 2 genders and men liked having women around.

But in 2022 y'all new age nikkas seem to prefer the company of a man :francis:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why the fukk are y'all nikkas looking for a safe space for black men :russ:

No wonder y'all nikkas are frustrated. You're going to LGBTIA+ meetups trying to make friends :dead:

The first one I went to was during ACL in March. I just heard about it.

What it turned out to be I was like :childplease:

A mutual friend of mine suggested going to this one and four of us shot down the idea. :lolbron:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I know this post is going to ruffle a lot of feathers but the truth always does.

This is the hierarchy of who corporate America prefers hiring in terms of preference of “blacks”:

1. Black female LGBT (bonus points if they’re mixed race.) These are the ones who identify by their sexuality before their color. They won’t rock the boat. They see themselves as colorless. Hiring kills three birds with one stone. They look great for their diversity portfolio on their website.

2. West Indian/African - 1st generation or fresh off the boat. Again, they love hiring people from this group because they won’t challenge their anti-black American views. I’ve “heard” many even join in with these comments.

From my experience, they see Nigerians as the most docile and grateful for getting a pat on the head, so they don’t have to worry about them putting other black folk on.

3. Mammy/God fearing. Now they usually have these types in middle management. Rarely in the boardrooms if they don’t fit the “aesthetic” of the company. But they use these types to watch over the plantation and keep any rebel negro check.

White women love them especially because they know they’re not a threat sexually and they’re there for their entertainment.

4. Gay black men. They don’t want to hire or promote any black men period but if they have to, then gay black men are no different from no.1. Actually, I’ll be honest, I’ve some who were pro-black in silence but they definitely “twirled”‘it up in front of the CACs to seem less threatening. But for the most part, they’re not seen as a threat.

5. Straight black women. If she doesn’t have a zaddy or a fake valley girl accent, it’s hard for a conscious black woman to get hired. But, they’re preferable over straight black men in management positions… maybe not so much the board rooms.

6. Straight black man (who aren’t c00ns). If you’re not skinning and grinning or PAWGing… you are bottom of the totem pole in the corporate world. It will be damn near impossible for you to move up unless the higher ups really like you. It doesn’t matter how great you are at your job.

You have to be Damn near irreplaceable to make the same money as the incompetent CACs they’ll put ahead of you.

I’m semi-self employed… the only reason I’m still part time at job is because I can work at home… I hustled the fukk out of those white folk just before the pandemic, and if I was made redundant, my severance pay would’ve been ridiculous. I’ll stay on until they get rid of me. At least I don’t have to see them in the office.

If you’re a Straight non-c00nish black man… learn all you can in the corporate world and start your own with like minded folks. These CACs do NOT want you ahead of them or on their level. The aforementioned are happy with their token role but you shouldn’t be.
Your opinion, but seems based on paranoia and insecurity rather than facts.

Look at the Blacks getting professional licences/certifications (MD, JD, CPA,etc) and see what % of them are "fresh off the boat". You will find that the % is higher than their proportion of the Black population.
Your thoughts on this and how it would translate into these "preferences" you say exist in corporate America?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The first one I went to was during ACL in March. I just heard about it.

What it turned out to be I was like :childplease:

A mutual friend of mine suggested going to this one and four of us shot down the idea. :lolbron:
I reread the flyer and realized that shyt was a brunch :mjlol:

What heterosexual men do you know that goes to brunch to discuss "learned ideas of masculinity" :dead:

You might wanna reevaluate the nikkas in your circle breh :dame:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I reread the flyer and realized that shyt was a brunch :mjlol:

What heterosexual men do you know that goes to brunch to discuss "learned ideas of masculinity" :dead:

You might wanna reevaluate the nikkas in your circle breh :dame:

A nikka can't sip mimosas, order crab cakes, and gossip with his brehs over brunch?! :dame: