'Black Men Vote' campaign launches in Philly

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody has issues that are important to them. Opting out of voting altogether gives you no say in moving the needle on those issues.

If an elected official approached me about registering to vote, I would ask what his public stances and public votes are relating to those issues.
You can't negotiate deals without first knowing in your mind what you want. The idea of an elected official getting me engaged by telling me what is important to me seems backwards.
This is getting circuitous. An elected official got there by listening to voters on issues that mattered to them. Voters can decide if the officials have been effective in that endeavor or not, yes. But it is the responsibility of that official to convince voters to allow him/her to continue working on policies that have benefited the constituents, since being elected.

One of the men in the video clearly stated that he's disappointed with officials because they aren't enacting policy that benefits him, the other guy agreed.

So it's a little insulting to ask black men to register and vote for you if you can't even tell them your track record and what you need their help for. No politician is entitled to votes

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I'm an independent voter:dahell: im not getting paid for this im simply asking black people to educate yourself. And vote for tangibles not symbolic nothing bullshyt :manny:

Independent :mjlol: You’ve probably never voted in your life

The guy who doesn’t know anything about anything, including who is who on each side of the aisle, talking about educating one’s self :dead:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is getting circuitous. An elected official got there by listening to voters on issues that mattered to them. Voters can decide if the officials have been effective in that endeavor or not, yes. But it is the responsibility of that official to convince voters to allow him/her to continue working on policies that have benefited the constituents, since being elected.

One of the men in the video clearly stated that he's disappointed with officials because they aren't enacting policy that benefits him, the other guy agreed.

So it's a little insulting to ask black men to register and vote for you if you can't even tell them your track record and what you need their help for. No politician is entitled to votes
Like I said earlier, Black men in that city may have different individual important issues. And during the one on one encounters as the officials are canvassing those neighborhoods, they can be discussed in person. Where the prospective voter can question the official directly on his track record.
Said they are trying to register men from 18 to 40, so obviously individuals at different stages in life and different priorities.

I don't think the elected officials at the conference represent a separate caucus. If they did, it would be easier for them to promote what I think you're looking for here, as" group accomplishments".

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Independent :mjlol: You’ve probably never voted in your life

The guy who doesn’t know anything about anything, including who is who on each side of the aisle, talking about educating one’s self :dead:

I actually voted for obama for his first term :stopitslime: thats how much you know

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I read the whole article, watched the video and what I gleamed from it is:

- 11% reduction in black male turner vote from 4 years ago
- Vote because it's part of the democratic process
- Vote to change policies in your favor

Cool, but no one in that article discussed how voting helped black men the last time they did it or what specific policies they wanted resolved through voting. If it's mass incarceration, what's the plan or policy? if it's unemployment what measures will be taken to induce investment in communities to create jobs? if it's violence in the neighborhoods, what policy will you take to speak with police unions, community leaders, etc?

there was nothing substantive in that article and it could have been just as pertinent last year as it is this year; the difference is this is an election year and now it matters for the next 7 months.

4 years ago:

the same stupid shyt gets trotted out every 4 years to encourage black people to vote for what, exactly? after the George Floyd protests in 2020 and police taking a knee in Philly, what changed? Philly DAO says 72% of incarcerated people in the city are black. Unemployment rate for black men, as of January 2024, is up to 5.4% from 4.6%. So what has voting done to benefit black men in Philly, exactly?

So what exactly are black men being encouraged to vote for? Again, I read the entire article. So unless the person who wrote it or the producer for the video missed something, what are these council members presenting to voters to vote? If I'm missing something, I'm more than happy to be elucidated
right wing maga russian bot babble:scust:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps

What's sad is a sizable..not terribly large...but a sizable chunk of us are falling for it, too.

I'm glad females are amped up because of their rights. They are gonna make a huge difference simply because of their sheer numbers. They're part of the reason I'm not worried about November. Them and the group the medoa calls the Haley voters. It's going down and I can't wait.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What's sad is a sizable..not terribly large...but a sizable chunk of us are falling for it, too.

I'm glad females are amped up because of their rights. They are gonna make a huge difference simply because of their sheer numbers. They're part of the reason I'm not worried about November. Them and the group the medoa calls the Haley voters. It's going down and I can't wait.
There's a segment of people who are disillusioned with life. And this type of messaging resonates with them.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I'll bet my OLED this is a well disguised DNC initiative. All "vote harder" nonsense with no talk of specific policies or tangible anything. A less offensive "no voting no vucking" or "get your booty to the poll".

Nothing real, just endless tricknology.

They were very smart to not have sponsors or donor orgs on the website. Super vague, surely on purpose. :mjpls:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'll bet my OLED this is a well disguised DNC initiative. All "vote harder" nonsense with no talk of specific policies or tangible anything. A less offensive "no voting no vucking" or "get your booty to the poll".

Nothing real, just endless tricknology.

They were very smart to not have sponsors or donor orgs on the website. Super vague, surely on purpose. :mjpls:

Man im so sick and tired of these democrats :scust: same ole playbook not working and they know its not ans they still dont wanna bend the knee.

Then I guess we'll be burning together in this bytch :stopitslime: