Black masculinity will be the theme of the 3rd season of Insecure

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
:mjshea:

As for the highly anticipated third season of her show, Rae reveals one of the overarching themes of the upcoming batch of episodes, while retaining an understandable sense of mystery. “I don’t want to give anything away!" Rae said. “But I love black masculinity as it relates to black women. I think that’s something interesting that we haven’t gotten a chance to explore yet—and specifically toxic male black masculinity as it relates to black women. I’m trying to find a way to explore that and get a rounded storyline that isn’t preachy.”

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Sad sight to see. For a long time, liberals have wanted to shot on black men but they couldn't find a way to do it.

For the sake of attention, women like Issa Rae are up to the task. When she gets thrown to the wolves, I hope everyone remembers enough to turn a blind eye.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Lawrence-Tasha.gif

#teamlawrence

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
“But I love black masculinity as it relates to black women. I think that’s something interesting that we haven’t gotten a chance to explore yet—and specifically toxic male black masculinity as it relates to black women. I’m trying to find a way to explore that and get a rounded storyline that isn’t preachy.”
shakinghead-1435164460.gif