Black Lagoon (2006-2011)

Invisible Man

The Real Huey
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
I know I'm late to the party, but I recently saw the entire series alongside the mini-series Roberta's Big Trail, and this is the one action anime I'd say actually rivals (and possibly even surpasses) Cowboy Bebop, and it's been so long since I've been sucked into an anime this much. I'm pretty sure I watched every episode in a row with very few breaks, but that's because it was so damn good. The characters are excellent. Revy is the most badass female character in any entertainment medium, and she manages to be likable and sympathetic despite her bytchy nature because you get to know more and more about her throughout the series and why she is the way she is. Roberta is similarly interesting, and I was ecstatic to see the last five episodes focus exclusively on her, as she disappeared after the end of season 1; there's one scene in particular during episode 3 of Roberta's Blood Trail that easily goes down as the sexiest scene I've ever seen in an anime. Those who've seen it should know what I'm referring to. :shaq:

Rock has a great arc and is actually the most relatable character on the show, as he goes from being a somewhat timid and weak man to a strong, resourceful, and knowledgeable asset to the team, and boy does he go through a lot. It was also nice to see a badass black character in an anime for once (Dutch), since there's so very few of them, and he actually wasn't a stereotypical c00n! The soundtrack is also one of my favorite aspects; I could listen to the hypnotic ending theme all day long and never get tired of it, and I also loved that song that played whenever a quiet, introspective moment occurred; the opening theme is similarly awesome. By the way, this show has some superb character development for an action show and anime in general. By the end, the main characters practically feel like family, which made it all the more sad when those final credits rolled and I had no other eps to watch with them. And did I mention the amazing action scenes? My jaw dropped at times, the action is seriously in a class of its own. Someone was even nice enough to make killcount videos for Revy and Roberta and put them up on youtube (which I'll link below). This is also one of the few anime where the dub is top-notch, the side characters are actually extremely interesting, and the humor is perfectly balanced with the more serious moments. It's simply one of the greatest shows ever made.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
This is a very underrated anime and I'm a sucker for anything with mercenaries and bounty hunters. SO MANY good stand alone episodes in this series...like the joint with those vampire twins :demonic:.... or the one with the maid that was giving Revy the business.:banderas:.

Invisible Man

The Real Huey
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
This is a very underrated anime and I'm a sucker for anything with mercenaries and bounty hunters. SO MANY good stand alone episodes in this series...like the joint with those vampire twins :demonic:.... or the one with the maid that was giving Revy the business.:banderas:.
You said it brotha. I have the shortest attention span you can possibly imagine, and I couldn't stop watching until I had no episodes left to see. This show is so consistent in quality. Just :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Always thought this show was crap, almost no character development outside of a few rare moments and the supporting cast (such as Roberta, Balalaika, Mr Chang) are infinitely more interesting than the main crew ('cept maybe Revy, but once again, lack of development).

Invisible Man

The Real Huey
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Always thought this show was crap, almost no character development outside of a few rare moments and the supporting cast (such as Roberta, Balalaika, Mr Chang) are infinitely more interesting than the main crew ('cept maybe Revy, but once again, lack of development).
Depends on what type of development you're looking for. It had plenty of character development considering its overall length and the type of show it set out to be. I mainly went in for the action and left more than satisfied. To each their own, I guess.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Depends on what type of development you're looking for. It had plenty of character development considering its overall length and the type of show it set out to be. I mainly went in for the action and left more than satisfied. To each their own, I guess.

I thought the only characters with development were Rock and Revy and even that was abysmal. Don't even get me started on Dutch and Benny, who are among the most dry supporting characters ever. Dutch is just a cheap copy of Cowboy Bebop's Jet, and Benny... well, I guess they needed some sort of computer whiz so that's where he got written in. The best moment in the series is when Revy lights Rock's cigarette with hers as a metaphor for their 'first kiss'. Which happens like halfway through season 1 and then goes nowhere.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Yo...what the fuuck.

I was checking an MF Doom track and there was a video using this.

I watch zero anime, although I've seen snippets of shows that intrigued, just never delved deep enough. Although, the animation like on Boondocks is dope.

So Im watching and ready to check the whole series.....:popcorn:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Loved this shyt when I first saw it in 2010. I wanna see the homie Rock smash Revy.....are they
Going to animate it passed the Roberta arc?

He did smash if i remember correctly :jbhmm:

Well i think she kind of insinuates that she did. .

Unless your talking about seeing it in hentai form :merchant::whoa:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I was done with the series (not in a bad way) after the vampire kids arc. They did a good job with the story but it really messed with me I just couldn't finish whatever episodes that were left.

Last edited: