Biking/Cardio help

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Hey brehs, i like using the stationary bike in the morning for my workouts... I workout 3 times a day and go for 10 minutes on the bike at 180 constant watts (I have no idea what this means or if this is a universal setting option) but this has me full sweating but the end of the 10 minutes and generally gets me feeling good...

I was wondering tho because my goal is just to gain definition, im 6"2 about 185 right now and im pretty good shape from lifting but would like to cut what body fat i have down...

in general would i better off lowering my intensity on the bike and going for 20-30 minutes... or is high intensity for 10 minutes better for burning fat and getting better definition...

thanks heads.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The current wave seems to be higher intensity for a shorter period similar to what you are doing. Doesn't mean its correct but thats where the "fitness community" seems to be trending.

Look up HIIT Stationary bike workouts

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
if you want definition HIIT is your best bet, preferably running instead of biking, but you can get a similar effect biking.

Also, watch your fat/sodium intake. Drink plenty of water.

-DMP-

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
take your ass to spin class, best of both worlds. HIIT intervals, sprints, hills (endurance & HIIT), and steady state. 600-1000 calories burned

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
10 minutes is too short. Your body won't start tapping into fat stores until ~15 minutes of elevated heart rate.

Daps
Hey brehs, i like using the stationary bike in the morning for my workouts... I workout 3 times a day and go for 10 minutes on the bike at 180 constant watts (I have no idea what this means or if this is a universal setting option) but this has me full sweating but the end of the 10 minutes and generally gets me feeling good...

I was wondering tho because my goal is just to gain definition, im 6"2 about 185 right now and im pretty good shape from lifting but would like to cut what body fat i have down...

in general would i better off lowering my intensity on the bike and going for 20-30 minutes... or is high intensity for 10 minutes better for burning fat and getting better definition...

thanks heads.
Do which is best for you