Biggie and Tupac is a life lesson about having terrible friends or business partners

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
"Biggie and Tupac" really resonates with me when I think about the impact of having the wrong partners. Watching their rise and fall, it’s clear how Suge Knight’s bullying and Diddy’s abuse and emotional manipulation turned what should have been a dream into a nightmare.

It reminds me of times when I’ve been around people who seemed more interested in their own gain than in lifting me up.

We’ve all probably felt that weight—trying to create something great while dealing with toxic influences.

It makes me reflect on the importance of choosing the right people to work with. If you’re surrounded by those who intimidate or play mind games, it can derail your ambitions in a heartbeat. It’s a sobering reminder for me to always seek out genuine support, so I can focus on my own journey without the unnecessary drama.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite some of the claims by his earlier friends, I'm not really sure Suge changed much about Tupac's behavior. He was on a difficult path either way. Without Suge, he would have remained in prison for some time. Not saying DR wasn't toxic. But I don't think his life would've been "a dream" otherwise.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I’d argue that 2Pac didn’t have many options when he signed to Death Row. He needed $1.4M he didn’t have for bail and his credit was bad. He couldn’t even finance a car *allegedly.

He just decided to go all in with that MOB Piru shyt and THAT is what cost him. Suge wasn’t even a MOB Piru, he was just paying them to be his henchmen.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Biggie would have died due to obesity before the end of the 90s regardless.

Pac would've crashed out in one way or another too.

• Wow
Reactions: TEH

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Despite some of the claims by his earlier friends, I'm not really sure Suge changed much about Tupac's behavior. He was on a difficult path either way. Without Suge, he would have remained in prison for some time. Not saying DR wasn't toxic. But I don't think his life would've been "a dream" otherwise.

If he was still in prison then he’d probably be alive today.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's far from certain but perhaps. He was supposed to be in prison when he got shot too. He violated his parole and was supposed to go back to prison for 4 months but in June the judge postponed it because his appeal for the SA case was still ongoing.
He was scheduled to be in court the day before he died.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Without Suge, he would have remained in prison for some time. Not saying DR wasn't toxic. But I don't think his life would've been "a dream" otherwise.
I always say that Pac going to jail was meant to be a blessing in disguise. Sure, we probably wouldn't have the music that came from him being bailed, but he'd likely still be here...same with Biggie, in a way.

Maybe Tupac going to jail for that sexual assault case was a blessing in disguise as it would've kept him off the streets and out of unnecessary drama because he was sentenced to 1½-4 years and imagine if he stayed for most of that sentence (getting released sometime in '98 or '99) he and Biggie would probably very much likely be alive today. Staying in prison would've been the best outcome for Pac, but here comes Suge, the devil in disguise, waltzing inside the Clinton Correctional Facility.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always say that Pac going to jail was meant to be a blessing in disguise. Sure, we probably wouldn't have the music that came from him being bailed, but he'd likely still be here...same with Biggie, in a way.
I get what you're saying but I think it would've been really hard for him to be in prison for 4 years. I know in prison terms for the street life it doesn't sound that long but like Pac said "prison kills your soul". For a guy like that in his creative prime one years feels like ten. Imagine having all the creative energy that was poured into AEOM, K7DT, Live To Tell etc. stuck in your mind with nowhere to express it. I think artist's minds when put in a cage become a very destructive force. I doubt that he would have found peace in jail.