"Beware of the Batman" @Cartoon Network

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Anybody checking for this? I know it will probably get canceled after 2 seasons but it seems to be pretty good so far. I actually like the animation and the new Alfred is a old Mi6 agent on the same level as Bruce it seems. Gordon not commissioner yet and looks like they storylines will be sem-adult oriented based on this "Secrets" episode. Can't wait to see if how they handle Supes and the rest of the Justice League if they make it that far :ehh:

Last edited:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Mos Def love the new take on Alfred, Very Jason Statham like. love the Batsuit (no underwear on the outside, hate thaat look). Did not like the change of Prof Pyg's weird ass tho but he ain't really a PG villian so its cool, Giving this show a chance tho, like it so far.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Its official this show is good.....don't sleep on this

O and this is the 2nd best Batman voice I ever heard, only behind BTAS Batman

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Based of the first 2 episodes, looks like they are staying away from the regulars like Joker, Penguin, Catwoman. I didn't recognize any of the villains (Pyg/Toad & Magpie). Katana has been in the first 2 episodes and she's Alfred's god daughter...

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just watched first episode, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be wack, but it was pretty decent.

The Good:
-Got a B:TAS vibe from the show - definitely more serious than Batman: Brave and the Bold or The Batman
-TV-PG rating means the show probably won't be too heavily censored.
-The voice acting was exceptional, especially Batman and Alfred. Possibly the best Batman voice I've heard outside of Kevin Conroy
-Action sequences were decent
-I'm not a huge fan of CG animated series, but the animation was passable.
-Staying away from :deadhorse:villains like Joker, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, etc. is probably a good thing

The Bad:
-The villains in the first episode (Professor Pym and the Toad Guy) weren't terribly interesting. Their dialogue was kind of funny but their actual actions and motives were pretty boring. Just kidnapping rich people for some petty grudge or something. I don't mind them using lesser known villains but hopefully the next ones are a bit more original.
-The music was pretty meh

Other thoughts:
-Since when did Alfred get that tall and swole (pause)? Dude was looking like a pro wrestler. :wtf:
-Not too sure about Katana, I'll reserve judgement.
-Batman seems like he got his ass kicked a bit too easily, but that's no big deal. Better than being invincible.

Overall I liked it though, all it needs is a few better villains and I'll be all in. I'd give it a 3.75/5.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I like this one. Shows that Batman's rogue gallery is more than the regulars. Also shows the more detailed aspect of his detective/ suspicion skills, like body movement and all.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just watched the second episode and I was even more impressed. The dynamic with Batman and Gordon being enemies is interesting too, and I'm looking forward to seeing Katana actually do something next episode.

Seems like this incarnation focuses more on Batman the detective, as opposed to Batman the superhero. I'm feeling it, though like I said earlier, Batman does take more Ls in fights than usual in this series. Random criminals giving Batman that work :laugh: .

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I gotta say this show has a lot of potential. Some notes:

I'm pretty impressed with whoever casted the voice actors. The voice acting is very good, especially Batman and Alfred

I like this new Alfred, like previous poster said, dude had a Jason Statham feel to it and he was more tough, with a cockney accent. I think this is neccessary though because only a guy as tough as Batman can protect Batman.

The 3D animation is very good and is arguably cheaper than 2D animation in terms of choreographing the fight scenes. Designs are clean and simple.

I like the use of lesser known and newer villains, chances are I think they avoid using his more iconic villains. I would love to see Szasz and the Calender Man just to name a few.

I like that this Batman is more human, he got worked over quite a bit.

So far I think this can stand on it's own but I think the it really has to compete with The Batman more so than TAS only because they deal with a relatively new Batman and The Batman really picked up in it's later seasons.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched both episodes last night, and I was VERY impressed.

I like how we're getting a lot of Bruce outside of the mask. I don't think that's happened since TAS. I also enjoy how Batman isn't the Deus Ex Machina he's often portrayed as, where he can beat every bad guy even though he has no superpowers. This Batman can't do that, so instead, he uses his deduction skills to solve the crimes, thus emphasizing that he's the world's greatest detective, which also gets ignored a lot in adaptation.

Much like how Batman: BatB showcased the lesser-known heroes in the DC universe, I also enjoy that they're showing off the lesser-known villains in the Batman rogues gallery. I'm sure we'll get Joker and Riddler and Two Face all later on, but for now, it's nice to see someone new.

I feel like this is very much in the style of Young Justice. Where Young Justice felt like a CW show at times, Beware the Batman definitely had some mystery and police procedural elements to it, so this is probably the closest we'll get to a Gotham Central adaptation.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the animation. I don't mind CG, but it looked kind of cheap, definitely inferior to other shows like Green Lantern and Ninja Turtles.

Still, I'm definitely gonna keep watching. I was not expecting to enjoy this nearly as much as I did, so I was pleasantly surprised. This is essentially the show The Batman SHOULD have been, if it hadn't gotten stuck pushing new toys every week, and then trying to backpedal to appease the TAS fanboys.