Lord of the rings
Game of Thrones/SOIAF
Wizarding World
MCU/Marvel comics
DCEU/DC comics
Matrix trilogy
Hunger Games
Or whatever else
Any thing you can think of really that left you admiring the continuity, the depth, the detail and the creativity of a fictional universe. Could be books, movies, video games, shows or whatever.

What is the best examples to you?

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
The Wheel of Time book series has the most rich world building I've ever experienced in any medium and that's saying a lot considering the amount of material I've been exposed to. I've never seen anything flesh out literally everything about each city/area/country/geographic location from the economy to the dialects to currency to politics to cuisine. Man even covers the smells and types of different fabrics specific to each area.

George R. R. Martin could never. :flabbynsick:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The Wheel of Time book series has the most rich world building I've ever experienced in any medium and that's saying a lot considering the amount of material I've been exposed to. I've never seen anything flesh out literally everything about each city/area/country/geographic location from the economy to the dialects to currency to politics to cuisine. Man even covers the smells and types of different fabrics specific to each area.

George R. R. Martin could never. :flabbynsick:
I gotta check that out. I like seeing worlds fleshed out like that.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Carnival Row had a lot of potential but Amazon threw it in the bushes
The 100
The Expanse

Personal favorite is Dragon Age.
I remember Carnival Row being advertised as the next big thing. I'll add that to my list of things to check out too. Avatar TLA really is one of the best. Dragon Age origins was my shyt

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
South Park has surprisingly good continuity and they've been keeping with it as far back as the episode when they killed Kenny off for like a season.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
2 is my favorite because of the Vito flashbacks

Does a great job in showing Vito's rise by being a champion for his family, friends, and neighborhood while showing Mike pushing away those same things in search of legitimacy in the eyes of corporate America.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I remember Carnival Row being advertised as the next big thing. I'll add that to my list of things to check out too.

:francis: First season was decent but background drama between Amazon and the showrunner/writers along with a nearly 4 year long wait for the next season tanked it. Season 2 wraps up the series but it was rushed trash.

Daps
Dr. Who
Star Trek
Star Wars
Star Gate
Battle Star Galactica
Lord of the rings
Game of Thrones/SOIAF
Wizarding World
MCU/Marvel comics
DCEU/DC comics
Matrix trilogy
Hunger Games
Or whatever else
Any thing you can think of really that left you admiring the continuity, the depth, the detail and the creativity of a fictional universe. Could be books, movies, video games, shows or whatever.

What is the best examples to you?
Dune (Frank Herbert)

The Stormlight Archive (Brandon Sanderon)

I’ve read them both and the lore/world are amazing.