Best way to back up entire laptop?

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Im not:flabbynsick:but im not too tech savy either. I have a small business and work from home alot, and today it hit me. If my laptop crashes im screwed:ld:

Is there an inexpensive way to back up my entire laptop periodically? I had an external hard drive a while back and even that crashed. And it was a pain to drag and drop.

Isnt there a way in Windows to do a hard back up/save every 1-2 weeks?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Backup and restore/ Create System Image on Windows

Go to Settings > System & Security > Backup

Edit: the downside of this method is that you can only restore the image to the same computer. So I guess you’d be in trouble if your computer died. Drag and drop, nikka :ld:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
If you're not comfortable with the cloud, or backing to an external since it crashed...

I'd probably get a Hard Drive duplicator, extra Hard Drive and just duplicate the entire drive every so often (both around $100 total).

If the main laptop/laptop HD crashes you'd at least have some type of clone you can just plug into another laptop and keep moving

Last edited:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Backup and restore/ Create System Image on Windows

Go to Settings > System & Security > Backup

Edit: the downside of this method is that you can only restore the image to the same computer. So I guess you’d be in trouble if your computer died. Drag and drop, nikka :ld:
Appreciate the info

If you're not comfortable with the cloud, or backing to an external since it crashed...

I'd probably get a Hard Drive duplicator, extra Hard Drive and just duplicate the entire drive every so often (both around $100 total).

If the main laptop/laptop HD crashes you'd at least have some type of clone you can just plug into another laptop and keep moving
I have my iPhone pics and data backed up to the cloud. I’ll do some research on that but there’s a way to back up my docs on a Windows operating system to the cloud as well?

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Appreciate the info

I have my iPhone pics and data backed up to the cloud. I’ll do some research on that but there’s a way to back up my docs on a Windows operating system to the cloud as well?

The Best Cloud Storage for 2019 | Reviews.com

Dropbox or Google storage definitely works

You can also purchase a personal cloud (depending on how you set up your home network this option might be more secure)

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how big is t he hard drive? You could maybe fit what you need on just a usb stick or sd card if it's not too much.