Best Mirrorless 4K Camera for sports action videos

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
What's a good camera to purchase for a beginner that wants to shoot sports videos to make highlights for a Youtube page? Will be courtside at basketball gyms and 50 or so yards away from the football plays during football and soccer games.

Budget is around $1200 currently.

Right now looking at this one below camera to purchase.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Op, the Amazon link isn't showing up, which cam is it?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Panasonic LUMIX G85 4K Digital Camera, 12-60mm
For your use case (Action Sports) have you thought about going the camcorder route?

You should be able to get a high quality camcorder with that budget. If you don't need the camera to take photos and looking for ease of use that might be the move.

Panasonic, Canon and Sony have 4K camcorders. It'll be easier using zoom and you won't have to worry about lenses, just point and shoot

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
For your use case (Action Sports) have you thought about going the camcorder route?

You should be able to get a high quality camcorder with that budget. If you don't need the camera to take photos and looking for ease of use that might be the move.

Panasonic, Canon and Sony have 4K camcorders. It'll be easier using zoom and you won't have to worry about lenses, just point and shoot
I thought about that but I go to car shows and would like to take pictures as well.

You have any camcorder recommendations?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought about that but I go to car shows and would like to take pictures as well.

You have any camcorder recommendations?
Sony FDR-AX43 UHD 4K Handycam Camcorder

But if you're taking photos, then mirrorless may be the way. Was just making sure that you wanted to take stills.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps