Best Leg Routine

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Does anyone have advice for building some strong ass legs? Trying to build legs on an ecto frame is :sadbron:

I know squats are a staple, but what rep/set range and how about frequency? And any other exercises/tips you guys recommend that you've actually seen aid you with growth/mass?

allshaftnohead

Refuse to believe it's not butter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I go with a half heavy weight half plyometrics style. Some days are 100% heavy lifting, some 100% plyo, some half and half. I based it on the vertical jump bible (you can google the PDF), but I've tweaked it more for strength. I feel better about doing legs twice a week when I mix in plyo and give my back a break from the heavy weight (I have some lower back problems). Definitely get squat, dead, ham curl, and some sort of lunge type work in though

EDIT: Didn't read your whole post. I do a warmup set with just 135, maybe 10 reps, then work up from there. I normally get in 4ish work sets depending on weight and how I'm feeling, and try to do 6-8 again dependent on weight. You'll have to build up, but once you get to lifting heavy it feels so good

For mass, I did a lot of leg press. My glutes and quads exploded when I did what basically amounted to jumping press. Just explosive thrusts on it. Obviously you have to be careful, but that will get you some mass pretty quickly imo

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I go with a half heavy weight half plyometrics style. Some days are 100% heavy lifting, some 100% plyo, some half and half. I based it on the vertical jump bible (you can google the PDF), but I've tweaked it more for strength. I feel better about doing legs twice a week when I mix in plyo and give my back a break from the heavy weight (I have some lower back problems). Definitely get squat, dead, ham curl, and some sort of lunge type work in though

EDIT: Didn't read your whole post. I do a warmup set with just 135, maybe 10 reps, then work up from there. I normally get in 4ish work sets depending on weight and how I'm feeling, and try to do 6-8 again dependent on weight. You'll have to build up, but once you get to lifting heavy it feels so good

For mass, I did a lot of leg press. My glutes and quads exploded when I did what basically amounted to jumping press. Just explosive thrusts on it. Obviously you have to be careful, but that will get you some mass pretty quickly imo
What's a jumping press?

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I can tell you what I normally do on leg day :manny: Substitute whatever weight you prefer
Barbell lunges 4 sets (I go the length of the gym floor & back)
Squats 4 sets
Standing calf raises w/ a 45 lb plate 4 sets
Leg press 4 sets
Leg extension 4 sets (10 reps each leg, then 10 reps both legs)
Hamstring curls 4 sets

Them I'm outta there :mjcry: