best laptop under $1,000?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any suggestions for the best laptop under $1,000? Would like to spend closer to $500 though. Also, do you recommend I buy the extended warranty? I'll mostly use it for internetexploring, trading crypto/stocks, watch movies occasionally. I might try to get into IT.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The guy says he's interested in getting into IT and you recommend a mac. :gucci:
Listen @internetexplorer , if all you're essentially going to do is browse the internet than pick up any laptop. You would even be fine with a chrome book.
If you're going to get into IT get yourself a decent windows machine.
What specifically are you interested in, in the IT field?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Do not spend much on any non-Apple laptop. Not because they're not good, but they depreciate in value rather quickly. If you buy a 500 dollar windows laptop that shyt'll be worth 269 in 3 months.

And like the guy above said, don't buy an Apple computer if you're getting into IT.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Yeah, I've been looking into the same. I bought an HP Stream back in 2013/2014, and I hate it now. It's so laggy plus the sound and video quality are atrocious - I knew that before buying the laptop though; it's just worse than what I thought.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah, I've been looking into the same. I bought an HP Stream back in 2013/2014, and I hate it now. It's so laggy plus the sound and video quality are atrocious - I knew that before buying the laptop though; it's just worse than what I thought.

So the consensus here is to go with Mac?
It's literally 2 for windows and 2 for mac in this thread, but if you want a mac, get one.
The glowing apple will let people know you're cool as hell and women will assume you have money which doesn't hurt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly i have no idea what I'd be good at, or where to start in the IT field, but I'm thinking cyber security, programming, or computer technician. We call the comp techs all the time to fix ish at my job, and these idiots can never get it right, but they all seem pretty happy, allude to the fact that they make decent wages (won't say exactly), but they also can't/won't give me any insight on where to start/direction to begin. As far as laptops go I went to micro center recently, and I know that I want a SSD, the salesman believes that I also need 16gb of ram?

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
It's literally 2 for windows and 2 for mac in this thread, but if you want a mac, get one.
The glowing apple will let people know you're cool as hell and women will assume you have money which doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I misread; thought the majority of the comments were in favor of Mac until I went back and re-read. My mistake. I just want a laptop that's not sluggish with good audio and video quality. I'll keep searching though.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I just got a Chromebook for 200. It works great and its getting me through my classes.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
What does the laptop have to do with getting into IT :hubie:

I'd recommend a mac they last forever, you can always dual boot OSX and Windows

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Don’t get a mac for business. Macs are only for the creative set, and everyday casual use. Get a good business class laptop, spec’d Out for that purpose.