The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
In your opinion, whats the best city building game. Here's mines:

SimCity_3000_Coverart.png

Even though SimCity 4 is the superior game, I actually like this one due to the artstyle and simplicity of it. There's something dope about 2D effects to buildings that taps my inner nostalgia. Plus that soundtrack tho:ohlawd:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Sim City 4 is technically the best one they have ever made.

But something about Sim City 2000 and 3000 just edges it out. Might be my nostalgia talking, but man those games were great.

Its probably how accessible it is. SimCity 4 being probably the best one out of the series, it's still riddled with bugs and can be intimidating to casual gamers (don't get me started with the water system:camby:and rush hour expansion). Meanwhile, SC 2000 and 3000 is all common sense and creativity. Don't put the residential next to industrial and so forth.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Its probably how accessible it is. SimCity 4 being probably the best one out of the series, it's still riddled with bugs and can be intimidating to casual gamers (don't get me started with the water system:camby:and rush hour expansion). Meanwhile, SC 2000 and 3000 is all common sense and creativity. Don't put the residential next to industrial and so forth.
Yeah they emphasized the regional shyt way to much, essentially had the NYC or SF landscape with half of it being trash landfills that never got visited. The maps for the regions should have been made smaller or maybe the regions larger. So instead of NYC spread across 15-20 smaller maps, the trip-state area is set across that many maps. That would have allowed for better gameplay.

I still have all of them, and I currently play SimCity Buildit. Theres a lot of cool cities out there and a lot you can do with that game, I just wish I had not stopped playing for so long.

SimCity 2000/3000 were better bc I liked the control it gave me.

Any word on a next gen Sim City?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yeah they emphasized the regional shyt way to much, essentially had the NYC or SF landscape with half of it being trash landfills that never got visited. The maps for the regions should have been made smaller or maybe the regions larger. So instead of NYC spread across 15-20 smaller maps, the trip-state area is set across that many maps. That would have allowed for better gameplay.

I still have all of them, and I currently play SimCity Buildit. Theres a lot of cool cities out there and a lot you can do with that game, I just wish I had not stopped playing for so long.

SimCity 2000/3000 were better bc I liked the control it gave me.

Any word on a next gen Sim City?

Nah...Maxis is finished (thanks to EA). Some of the developers actually helped with mods for Cities Skyline (which is a pretty good game but missing the SimCity charm). But yeah I really hated how the regional portion of SC4 was executed. It just felt like a overkill amount of micromanaging that felt unnecessary. Sad that folks shytted on SC2013 hard because they implemented the regional system very well. One city can be a college town, while the next can be a industrial town. Yet, folks kept complaining about the small maps which defeats the purpose of what SimCity 2013 was trying to do. Cities Skylines has a lot of land but it just seems like why:gucci:? I just want to make a simple city with bells and whistles...not try to make a real life version of Seoul.

I played SC Buildit and just couldn't get into it due to the game being microtransactional heavy. Don't know if it got any better since the last time I played but I will probably pay it a revisit.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Nah...Maxis is finished (thanks to EA). Some of the developers actually helped with mods for Cities Skyline (which is a pretty good game but missing the SimCity charm). But yeah I really hated how the regional portion of SC4 was executed. It just felt like a overkill amount of micromanaging that felt unnecessary. Sad that folks shytted on SC2013 hard because they implemented the regional system very well. One city can be a college town, while the next can be a industrial town. Yet, folks kept complaining about the small maps which defeats the purpose of what SimCity 2013 was trying to do. Cities Skylines has a lot of land but it just seems like why:gucci:? I just want to make a simple city with bells and whistles...not try to make a real life version of Seoul.

I played SC Buildit and just couldn't get into it due to the game being microtransactional heavy. Don't know if it got any better since the last time I played but I will probably pay it a revisit.
i have sunk 300 to 400 dollars into simcity builtit, they got me

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.craneballs.overkill3
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftNOHM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fgol.HungrySharkEvolution

The Riddler

All Star
Daps

idk breh :francis:

I've been playing it since 16 and still have not expanded all the land. The higher your level, the harder they make it to find the pieces to expand. I can see why @daemonova caved and put money in it. It sure do be trying to break me :wow::mjcry:

But they keeping updating the game adding all types of new shyt.

matter of fact :patrice: @daemonova sell me some expansion pieces

daemonova

Daps
idk breh :francis:

I've been playing it since 16 and still have not expanded all the land. The higher your level, the harder they make it to find the pieces to expand. I can see why @daemonova caved and put money in it. It sure do be trying to break me :wow::mjcry:

But they keeping updating the game adding all types of new shyt.

matter of fact :patrice: @daemonova sell me some expansion pieces
even after the 400 dollars im still not filled out im buying a 10 dollar Google play card today, I got mountain pieces I don't use

Last edited:

The Riddler

All Star
Daps
even after the 400 dollars im still not filled out im buying a 10 dollar Google play card today, I got mountain pieces I don't use, you can add me on Facebook,

damn we aint using fb out chea :francis:

mountain pieces are the easiest pieces to get :francis:

we should just make a coli group :yeshrug:my group was putting work in on the wars but the main girl stopped playing so nikkas stopped too :mjlit: i need them 30 sim dollars after wins.

daemonova

Daps
damn we aint using fb out chea :francis:

mountain pieces are the easiest pieces to get :francis:

we should just make a coli group :yeshrug:my group was putting work in on the wars but the main girl stopped playing so nikkas stopped too :mjlit: i need them 30 sim dollars after wins.
my group is Westeros, the moderator just kicked a bunch of people out

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Simcity 3000 was the best one I put so many hours into that shyt my god. Sim City 4 was that shyt too and having a Sim walk around the city etc... Simcity 5 was terrible small ass cities always online neighborhood cities connection didn’t work right just garbage