"Being black is a handicap" - random white kid

machine01

Rookie
Daps
One of my best friends has this new boyfriend, and I introduce myself to him like a man and try my best to get to know him as an individual.

So right off the bat he starts bringing up, or pointing things out about black people (obviously he only talks about this because I'm there...otherwise he wouldn't have). Of course he brings up his "black friend" (who probably doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned because I don't know this dude from a hole in the wall...just met him). It's starts innocently enough with a few jokes about random ethnic groups, and then eventually we get to black people. I'm side-eyeing this dude hard at this point...why is he so adamant about talking about this? Especially when I haven't made any sort of reference towards my skin color, aside from existing, that is.

So eventually, the quote in the title comes out of his mouth. He tried to say it innocently like he meant nothing by it, but nah, I wasn't having it. :comeon:

I look at dude at first like :wtf: and then :birdman: and we end up going at it. We almost come to blows before a few of my friends pull me away from him, and I think the better of the situation because I damn sure don't want the cops getting involved (and we know why...), they wouldn't even ask questions...I'd be going to jail and he'd be going home laughing, period.

My friend is really angry with me and thinks that I shouldn't have reacted like that and that he didn't mean anything by it (she's half-white, half-mexican).

What do you all think? Was I wrong for reacting the way I did?

"Being black is a handicap"...doesn't really sound flattering if you ask me.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Of course you weren't wrong. You had ever reason to get at that bytch ass cac. Your "friend" is in the wrong though. She not only has no problem with her boyfriends obvious racism but has the nerve to object to you defending yourself from his bigotry. fukk them both.

machine01

Rookie
Daps
Of course you weren't wrong. You had ever reason to get at that bytch ass cac. Your "friend" is in the wrong though. She not only has no problem with her boyfriends obvious racism but has the nerve to object to you defending yourself from his bigotry. fukk them both.

Another day, another case of defending white supremacy. :stopitslime:

I said in another thread that I planned on traveling and leaving everything behind, so I guess these "friends" get left in the bushes as well.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
You didn't do anything wrong. After you almost got physical with him, he'll probably think twice before saying such stupid things in the future.

machine01

Rookie
Daps
You didn't do anything wrong. After you almost got physical with him, he'll probably think twice before saying such stupid things in the future.

It's funny how white people need to be trained how to act properly. It's like they need to be rudely awakened to how they need to drop that bullshyt superiority complex.

shyt is just sad.

Other than that, I really don't know how else I should have taken that comment, even at it's most absolute benign implication, shyt is still worthy of a beatdown.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another day, another case of defending white supremacy. :stopitslime:

I said in another thread that I planned on traveling and leaving everything behind, so I guess these "friends" get left in the bushes as well.

Where will you be traveling too? Some parts of Europe are even more racist.