Beetlejuice 2 coming, Burton may direct

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It's showtime: Tim Burton might return to direct "Beetlejuice 2," this according to trade sites TheWrap, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter. The news was first reported by the Schmoes Know podcast on Saturday.

Despite the news, don't expect Burton to make "Beetlejuice 2" tomorrow. The director is working on the film "Big Eyes" right now, and will then direct "Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children" for 20th Century Fox. He hasn't even signed on for the "Beetlejuice" sequel just yet, as THR notes that Burton still has to read the script from Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg.

Not that Burton will necessarily be disappointed with their work. As Grahame-Smith told EW.com back in 2011, he received Burton's permission to move forward with the film. "When Warner Bros. came to us about it, we said the only way we'd do it if we got Tim [Burton's] blessing and involvement, and we got that, and the star of the movie has to be Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, and it’s a true continuation 26 years later," Grahame-Smith said. "Not just throwing him in as a cameo going, 'Hey, it's me. I endorse this movie.' We're not there yet [with Keaton] because we don't have a film to present to him." Keaton is expected to reprise his role as the title character (honk honk joke goes here).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/tim-burton-beetlejuice-2_n_4138925.html
a :flabbynsick: Beetlejuice

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Let me predict, depp as beetlejuice.
c4hx.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what, .............depp could sooo do beetlejuice:manny:

Man, fukk him, just get Michael Keaton for the role again. He'll be covered in makeup so him being older don't mean shyt.

I'm really not trying to see this on account of Tim Burton clearly losing his touch. Now if Edgar Wright was directing this joint with Burton being involved in the art direction and script :ehh:

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
what about depp and keaton in the same flick. :patrice:
two beetleguys

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Feb 14 2014 6:58 AM EST 747
'Beetlejuice 2': Michael Keaton Says Tim Burton Is In, And So Is He
Keaton also discusses 'Batman' anniversary plans.
By Alex Zalben, with reporting by Charles Webb

• Email
  • More»
It may be 25 years since "Batman" first hit movie theaters, but don't roll out the cake just yet according to current "Robocop" star and former Bruce Wayne, Michael Keaton.

"Are we doing anything? Yeah, we're having a party me and Tim [Burton]," Keaton joked when MTV News sat down with the star at the "Robocop" junket in Los Angeles. "We're going to the Batman museum, of course. And the Batman parade."

Keaton deferred, laughing that none of the above was true but did add, "It is a funny idea that we'd all get together. I loved it, I'm proud to be the original... In terms of that whole version."

litePlayerPlay2.png

Michael Keaton Discusses 'Batman' Anniversary And 'Beetlejuice' Sequel
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:1002560

"Batman" isn't the only franchise Keaton is fondly remembered for, though. The year prior to that movie's release, Keaton worked with director Tim Burton on the fondly remembered supernatural comedy "Beetlejuice." For years, rumors of a sequel have run rampant. Co-star Winona Ryder has discussed the possibility, and writer Seth Grahame-Smith has been working on the script since at least 2012.

But for fans of the original, what about Keaton, who starred as the titular ghost Beetlejuice?

"I've e-mailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff," Keaton said. "I always said that's the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another."

Though Burton is currently working on post-production on "Big Eyes," a biopic about artist Walter Keane featuring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz, the normally busy auteur doesn't currently have anything scheduled past 2014. So will Burton come back, and possibly as director?

"Now it looks like he is involved," Keaton continued, "And without giving too much away we've talked to each other, and e-mailed each other, and if he's in, it's going to be hard not to be in."

"Robocop" is in theaters now. Stay tuned for more on "Beetlejuice 2" as its confirmed.

Daps
Reppin
California
lol I watched the first one last week. Was a dope ass movie. Didn't even know Beetlejuice was the villain the first time I watched it back as a kid

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Beetlejuice is one of the movies that shouldn't be touched. The 1st movie damn near a classic, everything about it was just perfect. That being said, if Keaton is in so am I :demonic: