Been Playing The "Battle Chasers" (PC/PS4/XBOX1/Switch) Beta....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's a turned based RPG I backed on Kickstarter about a year ago. The beta dropped about a week ago.

Anyway, it's pretty fukking dope. I'm gonna give my impressions, some info on the game, and post some screen shots.

It's like a mix of a few different games. The over world map is 2D like an old school 16-bit RPG, but with updated graphics obviously. You can't avoid enemies on the map (again, same as an old school RPG) but once you out level them you can choose not to engage, which is kinda cool.

5akYvI9.jpg

Once you engage an enemy the game goes into this mode:

KIk21SU.jpg

And it plays the same as any other RPG really, except with a cool twist.

You have Actions, which are normal attacks, etc. You also have Abilities, which would be spells or "special" moves in other games. Abilities use MP....but Actions generate Overcharge, which is like temporary MP. So it's possible to have 150/100 MP with 50 of that being Overcharge. It goes away at the end of a fight but giving you temp MP lets you experiment with tactics.

You also have a Burst Meter (to the left) which is basically a "super" move. Your character does a cool little comic book animation when you activate them:

bpYxluR.jpg

Also any interaction with NPCs or your own party is shown with hand drawn art. Pretty dope:

2mLeHqs.jpg

There is dungeons or Exploration Areas, when the game goes into isometric mode. I've only found 4 (but again, this is only the beta) and they are randomly generated so they change each time.

WDkcjj6.jpg

zAhwaGj.jpg

One definite improvement over most RPGs, is the game rewards you for grinding EXP. You have what's called Combat Knowledge and the more you fight an enemy type, more info (it's attacks, treasure, etc.) is revealed. Also killing a certain number (usually 100) of an enemy gives you a Beast Perk, +1% to EXP, or Attack, or Critical Hits, etc. A small boost but it encourages you to kill enemies.

Anyway, I'm gonna post a few more pics below. If you guys got any questions let me know, if you like RPGs definitely check it out October 3rd.

Fred.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's a turned based RPG I backed on Kickstarter about a year ago. The beta dropped about a week ago.

Anyway, it's pretty fukking dope. I'm gonna give my impressions, some info on the game, and post some screen shots.

It's like a mix of a few different games. The over world map is 2D like an old school 16-bit RPG, but with updated graphics obviously. You can't avoid enemies on the map (again, same as an old school RPG) but once you out level them you can choose not to engage, which is kinda cool.

5akYvI9.jpg

Once you engage an enemy the game goes into this mode:

KIk21SU.jpg

And it plays the same as any other RPG really, except with a cool twist.

You have Actions, which are normal attacks, etc. You also have Abilities, which would be spells or "special" moves in other games. Abilities use MP....but Actions generate Overcharge, which is like temporary MP. So it's possible to have 150/100 MP with 50 of that being Overcharge. It goes away at the end of a fight but giving you temp MP lets you experiment with tactics.

You also have a Burst Meter (to the left) which is basically a "super" move. Your character does a cool little comic book animation when you activate them:

bpYxluR.jpg

Also any interaction with NPCs or your own party is shown with hand drawn art. Pretty dope:

2mLeHqs.jpg

There is dungeons or Exploration Areas, when the game goes into isometric mode. I've only found 4 (but again, this is only the beta) and they are randomly generated so they change each time.

WDkcjj6.jpg

zAhwaGj.jpg

One definite improvement over most RPGs, is the game rewards you for grinding EXP. You have what's called Combat Knowledge and the more you fight an enemy type, more info (it's attacks, treasure, etc.) is revealed. Also killing a certain number (usually 100) of an enemy gives you a Beast Perk, +1% to EXP, or Attack, or Critical Hits, etc. A small boost but it encourages you to kill enemies.

Anyway, I'm gonna post a few more pics below. If you guys got any questions let me know, if you like RPGs definitely check it out October 3rd.

Fred.
I wanna see Xbox one x enhanced screen shots :birdman:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wanna see Xbox one x enhanced screen shots :birdman:

:mjlol:

Well, the game is nice looking but not that nice looking. I doubt there would be much difference.

Fred.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I really want this on my switch but I heard they're charging 10 bucks more which sucks

• Dap

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Nice. This is from comic artist Joe Madureira. Not sure if you knew but probably w/ you being a comic head and all. He's been working on this for damn near a decade.

Love his artwork.

3445152-inhuman_cover2_fin.jpg

ultimates3_cover_5_by_liquidology.jpg

savage-wolverine-cover.jpg

ca1f4475f18ccc1331dfa4e3f0647910.jpg

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Can someone who has this recommend whether it's worth a cop?

I have it in my basket (it's on sale for 9.99), do I push the button?? :patrice:

• Dap