battle of the show#1: Family matters vs Good times

Which was better

• Total voters

fishfry600

All Star
Daps
family matters and good time were both staples in homes. they both feature characters with iconic catchphrases Steve urkel" did i do that" and JJ "Dynamite"

Theme songs

Both spin offs
Family matters came from Perfect Strangers
And good times Maude and All in the Family.

family matters lasted 9 seasons and good time 8
Both deal with issues that affected the black family.
Which was better?

fishfry600

All Star
Daps
found out that there use to be a light skin Judy Winslow played by Valerie Jones
latest

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Obviously Family Matters

Good Times had some high points, but it is so stereotypical and annoying :hhh:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Good Times was a much better show. The subject matter was more realistic (JJ wasn't inventing machines that destroyed the projects) and the most important reason....black writers. The same muthafukkas writing Perfect Strangers, Step by Step, Full House & other TGIF shows were writing Family Matters. Urkel was entertaining but I can't relate to a lot of that shyt. The way they handled gang violence (The Dragons), racism, etc in Chicago, corny.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Gotta give it to good times even though I never cared for the show, Sanford and Son was more my speed for that era.

Family matters turned into hot garbage after a few seasons anyway.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Good Times was a much better show. The subject matter was more realistic (JJ wasn't inventing machines that destroyed the projects) and the most important reason....black writers. The same muthafukkas writing Perfect Strangers, Step by Step, Full House & other TGIF shows were writing Family Matters. Urkel was entertaining but I can't relate to a lot of that shyt. The way they handled gang violence (The Dragons), racism, etc in Chicago, corny.

:russ:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia

:deadmanny: