Back Problems

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
for everybody plagued by back trouble, i think i may have found the answer. back problems have stopped me from getting into shape and have stopped me from doing what i love, brazilian jiu jitsu. i have not been able to train in either the gym or on the mat consistently for more than a month for 3 years now.

Foundation Training is the answer brehs and brehettes.

for 3 years since back surgery left me with a weak lower back, i have been researching how to fix my trouble. all signs and doctors pointed to working out my abs for a stronger core. WRONG.

according to the founder of FT, the posterior chain is the key to core strength. He says in his book that for every 1 ab workout, u must do 5 workouts for the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, low back)

in my experience this is true because whenever i do too much ab workouts and not enough low back stuff, i always get some back pain. his assertion is that if u tighten the abs too much, they pull u forward and stretch out the low back too much.

anyway, i bought his book on kindle and its really opened my eyes about back pain. i have been doing half of the routine im posting below, and i seriously feel stronger in a matter of a couple of weeks.

this video is the advanced version, so as it says in the beginning, DO NOT DO THE WHOLE THING IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER. if u do it wrong, it could fukk u up worse.

i have just been doing the good mornings plus this workout i got from rener gracie

start off slow with both and u will see results.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have been low key battling back pain for a few years now. Comes whenever I start deadlifting heavy. I was talking to a gym homie about it whos a trainer... he told me to try foam rolling. Helps stretch the sheath that holds the muscle fibers and helps with recovery. I did it last night... hurt initially but my back feels great today.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I have been low key battling back pain for a few years now. Comes whenever I start deadlifting heavy. I was talking to a gym homie about it whos a trainer... he told me to try foam rolling. Helps stretch the sheath that holds the muscle fibers and helps with recovery. I did it last night... hurt initially but my back feels great today.

yea i got a roller too. its really good for stretching out n works great it just doesnt address the root of the problem. im dying to start deadlifting someday to really get strong. of the big 3 for strength (squat, deadlift and bench) i can only do bench. im waiting for the day i can start doing the other 2.

this foundation training helps because it doesnt just strengthen the back, it also shows people how we are supposed to move. hinging at the hips instead of bending the back. the hips is the strongest point of hinging in the body and we dont use it when we bend over or deadlift or shyt like that. this stuff needs to be taught at grade school gyms tbh.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I think flexibility and encouraging blood flow are great for mitigating pain and just promoting long term help. I just dont have the time tho. At least for jiu jitsu

yea one of the best ways i learn how to treat spasms is encouraging blood flow. ibuprofen with alternating heat and cold on the low back works amazingly well. my back spasms dont last longer than 1 - 3 days when i do it correctly.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
for everybody plagued by back trouble, i think i may have found the answer. back problems have stopped me from getting into shape and have stopped me from doing what i love, brazilian jiu jitsu. i have not been able to train in either the gym or on the mat consistently for more than a month for 3 years now.

Foundation Training is the answer brehs and brehettes.

for 3 years since back surgery left me with a weak lower back, i have been researching how to fix my trouble. all signs and doctors pointed to working out my abs for a stronger core. WRONG.

according to the founder of FT, the posterior chain is the key to core strength. He says in his book that for every 1 ab workout, u must do 5 workouts for the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, low back)

in my experience this is true because whenever i do too much ab workouts and not enough low back stuff, i always get some back pain. his assertion is that if u tighten the abs too much, they pull u forward and stretch out the low back too much.

anyway, i bought his book on kindle and its really opened my eyes about back pain. i have been doing half of the routine im posting below, and i seriously feel stronger in a matter of a couple of weeks.

this video is the advanced version, so as it says in the beginning, DO NOT DO THE WHOLE THING IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER. if u do it wrong, it could fukk u up worse.

i have just been doing the good mornings plus this workout i got from rener gracie

start off slow with both and u will see results.

:wtf:

this "doctor" basically took yoga routines,changed the name, and passed it off like its his own and is now making money off of dumb idiots lol. Genius

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:wtf:

this "doctor" basically took yoga routines,changed the name, and passed it off like its his own and is now making money off of dumb idiots lol. Genius

He admits he took them from yoga but he tweaked them and made them specific for training the posterior chain. Idk much about yoga but since I'm only in it to strengthen my low back and posterior chain I rather just stick with the exercises specifically for that. I been doing it 2 weeks now and I honestly feel great. I even did 5 rounds of 5 minutes of full speed bjj and I feel great today. It's been a long time since I can say that. Either way, I ain't paying for this shyt I'm only doing it cause I found the YouTube video. When I first read the book years ago I couldn't find anything without paying for a webinar first so I didn't bother.