Back Flip Landing On One Foot, Points Deducted

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I remember her. The judging system for that sport is so subjective that she was robbed a few times in competitions. The people doing the commentary for the broadcasts openly called BS on the judges .

Lot of Black girls were interested in the sport because of her, but the judging systems are worse than pro boxing. So parents didn't want to set their kids up for that kind of nonsense.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember simone biles getting deducted points for some gymnastics move that was considered "too dangerous"

seems like by "too dangerous" they really mean, white folks aren't able to do it and its unfair
While this is true… the move that figure skater performed is wild!! My mom was really into that sport. It’s great she landed it, but you really don’t want other skaters out there trying to imitate that. Again, that shyt was crazy, especially with blades on it feet

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
I remember simone biles getting deducted points for some gymnastics move that was considered "too dangerous"

seems like by "too dangerous" they really mean, white folks aren't able to do it and its unfair
Same thing how white quarterbacks tend to not be as athletic as black quarterbacks, but the (white) media just writes it off as the white qbs are "just smarter and prefer to play in the pocket".

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same thing how white quarterbacks tend to not be as athletic as black quarterbacks, but the (white) media just writes it off as the white qbs are "just smarter and prefer to play in the pocket".

They do the pocket shuffle.... unless they have a quick release

Payton Manning did the shuffle, Tom Brady not so much but some times

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I remember her. The judging system for that sport is so subjective that she was robbed a few times in competitions. The people doing the commentary for the broadcasts openly called BS on the judges .

Lot of Black girls were interested in the sport because of her, but the judging systems are worse than pro boxing. So parents didn't want to set their kids up for that kind of nonsense.
Racist US commentators were definitely hating on her. “Too athletic, no elegance, lacks artistry…” Absolutely vicious stuff directed towards a young girl. The Simone Biles comparison is appropriate.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Surya Bonaly was always described as being athletic and not "graceful".

While it was true that she had more of a power skating kind of style, Bonaly always hit her technical marks. She now works as a coach in Minnesota.

That's her husband

Last edited:

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surya Bonaly was always described as being athletic and not "graceful".

While it was true that she had more of a power skating kind of style, Bonaly always hit her technical marks. She know works as a coach in Minnesota.

That's her husband

He was in the first video :russ: :russ:

Family Man

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Takes a lot of ankle mobility to backflip on blades and land on one foot.