Babylon Berlin (German Crime Drama Acquired by Netflix. Similar to Boardwalk Empire)

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The most expensive non-English drama series ever. Production cost reported at around 40 million.

BERLIN — It’s the spring of 1929, and this city is a fast-moving modern metropolis where artistic and sexual experimentation flourishes against a backdrop of organized crime, political street battles and a fragile democratic order.

Welcome to the world of “Babylon Berlin.”

This new epic crime drama, set during the Weimar Republic, the chaotic 15-year era that preceded the Third Reich, is widely predicted to become an international television sensation. Reportedly the most expensive German-language TV show ever produced, “Babylon Berlin” aims to build on the success of other recent German hits, like “Deutschland ’83” and “The Same Sky.”

This ambitious 16-part, two-season show has already been sold to 60 TV markets. It had its British premiere on Sunday night on Sky Atlantic and will begin streaming on Netflix in the United States on Jan. 30.

I've only caught the first couple episodes but I'm hooked. Episode 2 has a musical sequence in it that is masterful, iconic. :wow:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps

The most expensive non-English drama series ever. Production cost reported at around 40 million.

I've only caught the first couple episodes but I'm hooked. Episode 2 has a musical sequence in it that is masterful, iconic. :wow:

It was good but i hate anachronistic things like that, it completely ruined the mood for me.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

This shyt was incredible. People sleeping on this.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I didnt like season 3 ... it was by faaaaar the worst one, not to mention they did Lotte dirty :mjcry: