AYO - If You Think Hip Hop Is DEAD - GET THE FU*k OFF THIS FORUM

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
It isn't dead, and it hasn't been. Most of those who say its dead, are those from a different era. I was born in 1980 and grew up on LL Cool J, Beasty Boys, G Rap, Rakim, etc....spent my HS years with Wu, Black Moon, Snoop, Dre, etc.....its changed exponentially over the last 30+ years and it should. The genre has grown so much, its allowed people to earn livings, and branch out into other businesses.

Its not so much the music, but its the message that has deteriorated over time. I remember an interview the RZA did years back where he stated he had no interest in school, yet he educated himself just because its what he wanted to do. Its deeper then the music. Schools are horrible, teachers don't care, young black/brown men/women have been shunned by the system for so long......its reflected in the lyrics (you can clearly hear it in the lack of vocabulary) and the message today.

Im going all over the place....but Hip-Hop music isnt the problem. In fact it has thrived for some time......the issues are deeper rooted

wolfpoppa

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
北京
OK, maybe the metaphor is a little weak. But the popular shyt coming out now, for the most part, sucks! It makes me sad that shyt is not like it used to be. The creativity that the older generations had far surpasses the monotonous shyt I hear all the time. Also, this is a forum... no one gives a fukk if you tell them to get the fukk out of here. But let your egocentric imagination run wild my friend. I check this forum for old shyt that is good, while also praying that maaaybe a new artist with something new/interesting to say pop up. Although sometimes i find the new ignorant shyt entertaining at times. Although when artists play their song in a concert , that really isn't that special, over 10x in a row with people getting hyped over it... something is wrong. Hip Hop will always be "alive" because-at least for our lifetime- someone will be "rapping", but this new shyt is not the same.

[shyt on me or "neg rep" me or whatever the fukk, but this is the internet so I really couldn't give 2 fukks]

Yung Fresh

street money/str8 cash
Daps
Reppin
NC
Also, this is a forum... no one gives a fukk if you tell them to get the fukk out of here.

Pretty much.

But lowkey what the fukk do yall expect? 30+ years of innovation and originality? Its retarded to expect hip hop to have the same level of progress forever. At a certain point, shyt starts sounding the same. But that isnt even a big problem because there are tons of artists doing what they do, and doing it well