Avowed's combat will likely be its bright spot, and this is not a fanboy narrative! (Proof Inside!!!)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Let me start off by saying I'm not the biggest fan of these games.

The elder scrolls, I'd put a solid hour into each version. That's about it :yeshrug:

All these souls games. You seen one, you seen them all. We dealing with knights or we dealing with ninjas?

It's like everybody is trying to remake the same game. Avowed caught everyone's attention because it was trying to be different (different enough) to garner new interest in a genre that gets new entries multiple times a year every year

And at first, Avowed looked great but it was the endorsements. Then the combat. But it was a demo of one section. So for the gameplay reveal, it's unfair to expect all combat to mirror what was previewed for a few seconds. With that said, if you watched the actual reveal in its entirety in 4k (even 1080p looks good) and you'll see that the combat is extremely polished today. But don't take my word or anyone's word for it. Take a real look yourself (I skipped to the 11min mark)

I didn't watch all of this before, but now I'm more interested in avowed now than I was ever before
And if it doesn't appeal to you, compare the combat to a game that is getting praise from gamers on all platforms...

If you like immortals of aveum, you'll love Avowed :manny:

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Immortals combat sucked though so not a game you want to compare it to.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The fact you called this a “souls” game makes your opinion invalid.
I was just riffing on the state of gaming in general, I know avowed isn't being marketed as a souls like but I'm saying to you that it's not really much of a difference between the genres other than difficulty :francis:
It just got boring really fast, it is literally guns in the format of magic projectiles.
That sounds... awesome :jbhmm:
But, for this threads purpose, I wouldn't say the same about avoweds gameplay so my question to you is IF YOU WATCHED THE AVOWED GAMEPLAY TRAILER would you say the magical combat looks more interesting to you compared to immortals? Because it didn't look like guns instead of magic. It looked almost Harry Potter esk'
Looks like a fanmade unreal engine 5 demo for Elder Scrolls 6
Some of the best games of all time started as fan made mods :manny:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
of all the games to compare it to and say it is getting acclaim... I.o.A?
The... the game that failed so hard it damn near scuttled the EA/indy program in its first year of releases? No one praised that combat. Zero people. It was the most derided part of the game after the story :gucci:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Its a first person fantasy RPG, the combat won't be its bright spot.
And yet it's why the game got all the attention it received :usure:
of all the games to compare it to and say it is getting acclaim... I.o.A?
The... the game that failed so hard it damn near scuttled the EA/indy program in its first year of releases? No one praised that combat. Zero people. It was the most derided part of the game after the story :gucci:
Right right, I hear you but you talking like if you played thru it yourself. Meanwhile my girl who isn't the only opinion that matters but she likes it a lot.

Her take is interesting. I mentioned how someone on here said the magic feels like more like guns. She said it's definitely sort of like a FPS but that is only one play style and showcased on the fly all these different RANGED attacks and ultimately said whoever said that shyt was probably a fantasy gamer that hates shooters. My thoughts exactly
A p*ssy :wrist:

I represent Real Gamers, and I approve of this message :tu: