Avoidant personality disorder

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
Yeah think I have this too. I'm just trying to enjoy myself and build a healthy routine. Commit to turning your life around breh, one step and issue at a time.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Yeah think I have this too. I'm just trying to enjoy myself and build a healthy routine. Commit to turning your life around breh, one step and issue at a time.

I tried. But I failed.

Now the military is my last resort.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I just want to go live in a tent in Australia and smoke weed all day like Ricky Williams.

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
What is it?

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/avoidant-personality-disorder-symptoms/

People with avoidant personality disorder experience a long-standing feeling of inadequacy and are extremely sensitive to what others think about them. This leads to the person to be socially inhibited and feel socially inept. Because of these feelings of inadequacy and inhibition, the person with avoidant personality disorder will seek to avoid work, school and any activities that involve socializing or interacting with others.

Individuals with Avoidant Personality Disorder often vigilantly appraise the movements and expressions of those with whom they come into contact. Their fearful and tense demeanor may elicit ridicule from others, which in turn confirms their self-doubts.
They are very anxious about the possibility that they will react to criticism with blushing or crying. They are described by others as being “shy,” “timid,” “lonely,” and “isolated.”

The major problems associated with this disorder occur in social and occupational functioning. The low self-esteem and hypersensitivity to rejection are associated with restricted interpersonal contacts. These individuals may become relatively isolated and usually do not have a large social support network that can help them weather crises. They desire affection and acceptance and may fantasize about idealized relationships with others. The avoidant behaviors can also adversely affect occupational functioning because these individuals try to avoid the types of social situations that may be important for meeting the basic demands of the job or for advancement.
Symptoms of Avoidant Personality Disorder

Avoidant personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of feelings of inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to what other people think about them, and social inhibition. It typically manifests itself by early adulthood and includes a majority of the following symptoms:

Avoids occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact, because of fears of criticism, disapproval, or rejection
Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of being liked
Shows restraint within intimate relationships because of the fear of being shamed or ridiculed
Is preoccupied with being criticized or rejected in social situations
Is inhibited in new interpersonal situations because of feelings of inadequacy
Views themself as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others
Is unusually reluctant to take personal risks or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing

As with all personality disorders, the person must be at least 18 years old before they can be diagnosed with it.

Avoidant personality disorder appears to occur between 0.5 and 1.0 percent in the general population.

Like most personality disorders, avoidant personality disorder typically will decrease in intensity with age, with many people experiencing few of the most extreme symptoms by the time they are in the 40s or 50s.
How is Avoidant Personality Disorder Diagnosed?

Personality disorders such as avoidant personality disorder are typically diagnosed by a trained mental health professional, such as a psychologist or psychiatrist. Family physicians and general practitioners are generally not trained or well-equipped to make this type of psychological diagnosis. So while you can initially consult a family physician about this problem, they should refer you to a mental health professional for diagnosis and treatment. There are no laboratory, blood or genetic tests that are used to diagnose avoidant personality disorder.

Many people with avoidant personality disorder don’t seek out treatment. People with personality disorders, in general, do not often seek out treatment until the disorder starts to significantly interfere or otherwise impact a person’s life. This most often happens when a person’s coping resources are stretched too thin to deal with stress or other life events.

A diagnosis for avoidant personality disorder is made by a mental health professional comparing your symptoms and life history with those listed here. They will make a determination whether your symptoms meet the criteria necessary for a personality disorder diagnosis.
Causes of Avoidant Personality Disorder

Researchers today don’t know what causes avoidant personality disorder. There are many theories, however, about the possible causes of avoidant personality disorder. Most professionals subscribe to a biopsychosocial model of causation — that is, the causes of are likely due to biological and genetic factors, social factors (such as how a person interacts in their early development with their family and friends and other children), and psychological factors (the individual’s personality and temperament, shaped by their environment and learned coping skills to deal with stress). This suggests that no single factor is responsible — rather, it is the complex and likely intertwined nature of all three factors that are important. If a person has this personality disorder, research suggests that there is a slightly increased risk for this disorder to be “passed down” to their children.
Treatment of Avoidant Personality Disorder

Treatment of avoidant personality disorder typically involves long-term psychotherapy with a therapist that has experience in treating this kind of personality disorder. Medications may also be prescribed to help with specific troubling and debilitating symptoms. For more information about treatment, please see avoidant personality disorder treatment.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I boxed for a few years. Even had amateur fights.

Didn't seem to help. :shaq2:

Wow, most boxers I know have confidence for days. Did you lose most of your amateur fights?

I think I had this same disorder for a while during my teen years. What really helped build back my confidence was lifting weights, once I started getting results and looking better, I got back the bounce in my step. I went from being tense and nervous around people(especially females) to being calm, cool and collected.

Just focus on bettering yourself. Stay in the gym, keep yourself well groomed, stand up for what you believe in and get some IT certs.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Wow, most boxers I know have confidence for days. Did you lose most of your amateur fights?

I think I had this some disorder for a while during my teen years. What really helped build my confidence was lifting weights, once I started getting results and looking better, I got back the bounce in my step. I went from being tense and nervous around people(especially females) to being calm, cool and collected.

Just focus on bettering yourself. Stay in the gym, keep yourself well groomed, stand up for what you believe in and get some IT certs.

Lol I didn't actually. I was pretty good for someone who started late. :leon:

It just didnt make any difference :yeshrug:

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
You need these things, and to not give up on them, so you have an identity. If a man isn't working towards something in his life, He decays. You need to do something for the summer that you won't quit. Your life is asking for something to commit to and work on so it's growing and doesn't feel like your dying or melting away.

You need to make this conscious and free choice. Joining the military, you want to give up your responsibility. Grab your nuts breh and commit to yourself. This is the time of life to start carving a place for your life in the world.

Get on that 90 Day no Gap challenge. Your cum is actually your chi. Your man energy no shyt. it will help with depression and give you more energy mentally and physically to do stuff.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
You need these things, and to not give up on them, so you have an identity. If a man isn't working towards something in his life, He decays. You need to do something for the summer that you won't quit. Your life is asking for something to commit to and work on so it's growing and doesn't feel like your dying or melting away.

You need to make this conscious and free choice. Joining the military, you want to give up your responsibility. Grab your nuts breh and commit to yourself. This is the time of life to start carving a place for your life in the world.

Get on that 90 Day no Gap challenge. Your cum is actually your chi. Your man energy no shyt. it will help with depression and give you more energy mentally and physically to do stuff.

No I want money. That's why I want to join the military.