AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Marvel been addressing social issues since the X-Men were created as a metaphor for racism....2019 and cats are talking about "SJWs".

Then turn around and complain about a girl power scene, or a black Cap or whatever.

Some of you cats need to get off the internet man. It's warping your mind.

Fred.

Yup. How dare a company that created the X-men to talk about civil rights or black panther for obvious reasons do anything related to social justice? Get off the internet and get off the weeeduh

Meh. I think it's all about the HOW. Inclusion is important and doing it in an authentic way should always get praise. Blatant pandering on the other hand gets a sideeye. Since this aint really a serious movie, I didn't give af. But I laughed cuz it was a blatant pander.

A good example is Drake's "Nice for What" video. shyt is blatantly pandering to women. What made Black Panther so dope was the AUTHENTICITY. It had a black director and the story felt in tune with both African and African-American culture. They could have really fukked that up.

Daps
Did they use "Avengers assemble" in any other movies?

No. At the end of AOU it cuts off before he can say it. Joss Whedon purposely didn't want Cap saying it cuz he thought the whole battle cry phrase was corny to begin with and vowed not to include it from what I remember. He only teased it to shut fans up and give them a bone.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meh. I think it's all about the HOW. Inclusion is important and doing it in an authentic way should always get praise. Blatant pandering on the other hand gets a sideeye. Since this aint really a serious movie, I didn't give af. But I laughed cuz it was a blatant pander.

A good example is Drake's "Nice for What" video. shyt is blatantly pandering to women. What made Black Panther so dope was the AUTHENTICITY. It had a black director and the story felt in tune with both African and African-American culture. They could have really fukked that up.

Dude. Drake has always spoke to women tho. That’s authentic for him

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Tony wasnt married and didn't have a 5 year old daughter at that time when was going to sacrifice himself in the first avengers...wife an kids is a game changer

He still had Pepper before and he knew his sacrifice at that time was really gonna hurt her. I'll give you the daughter bit but he knew that GOING INTO the whole time travel plan. Also, it didn't change the fact he sacrificed at the end.

Either way, I get Dr. Strange not telling him because it would influence the result. Because of butterfly effect and whatnot. I'm not buying that Tony wouldn't sacrifice himself tho. When he's literally done it twice now. :mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Ok but the thing is, frozen cap lives out every thing while old cap is smashing Peggy In the same time line. So when frozen cap wakes up his Peggy is married to 2023 cap.

Which is fundementally different to when cap wakes up in main MCU and Peggy married some random guy.

The Cap stuff is a plothole no matter which way you slice it. Save yourself the mental energy brehs.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
He still had Pepper before and he knew his sacrifice at that time was really gonna hurt her. I'll give you the daughter bit but he knew that GOING INTO the whole time travel plan. Also, it didn't change the fact he sacrificed at the end.

Either way, I get Dr. Strange not telling him because it would influence the result. Because of butterfly effect and whatnot. I'm not buying that Tony wouldn't sacrifice himself tho. When he's literally done it twice now. :mjlol:

Remember in civil war he told cap they broke up

Also being married with kids is far different then having a girlfriend