acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Avengers 5 Will Reportedly Release In 2023 And Be Smaller In Scale
By Christian Bone 23 hours ago

UPDATE: Trusted industry insider Daniel RPK has now backed up our report with a recent Tweet.

ORIGINAL STORY: Marvel fans were surprised when the full line-up for Phase 4 was revealed this past summer and it didn’t contain an Avengers movie. Each of the three previous phases of the MCU have been built around a big team-up flick or two, but this upcoming slate suggested the studio was retiring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. It won’t be for long, though, according to our intel, which points to a potential release date for Avengers 5.

We Got This Covered has been informed by our sources – the same ones who said Black Widow was getting a sequel, which seems all but confirmed now – that Marvel’s current plan is to get the next Avengers film in cinemas for 2023. It’s important to stress that things could always change, but this is the year they’re running with for now. As we’ve previously reported, A5 will feature a revamped roster known as the New Avengers, consisting of Captains Marvel and America (Wilson), Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Jane Foster’s Thor, Scarlet Witch, Shang-Chi et al.

Our sources – the same ones who also revealed that Marvel was doing a She-Hulk show back in April, and that a Nova movie is now in active development, which was recently confirmed – have told us that the thinking is to make A5 a smaller-scale film again, bringing the stakes back down to Earth after Infinity War and Endgame went galactic. In fact, they’ve compared it to The Avengers and Age of Ultron in terms of its scale and size.

Of course, small-scale for an MCU film is still pretty big, so it might just be that the planet is in danger rather than the whole universe. It may also point to the cast being slightly easier to assemble than the ever-growing group of stars featured in the last one.

If Avengers 5 does drop in 2023, though, that should be a manageable wait for fans as it’s only four years away. That’s just an extra 12 months on the three-year gaps between The Avengers and Age of Ultron and then Ultron and IW. Kevin Feige has already confirmed that the Avengers will regroup and get a new movie eventually, too, promising that the lineup will be totally different as well, which seems to gel with a lot of our information. And given that these are the same sources who also told us the Inhumans were being rebooted in the MCU, which is now confirmed, we have no reason to doubt it.

So what say the coli, and what lineup would you like to see?

Personally I think waiting until 2023 is a good look, don't want to do any Avengers movie too soon after Endgame. I also think it's a good move for it to be smaller scale since you really can't outdo Endgame in that regard. As far as the lineup, I'm thinking

Should be a given -

• Spidey
  • Captain Marvel
  • Black Panther
  • Falcon/Winter Soldier
  • Dr. Strange
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Kate Bishop

Don't include -

• Any of the Netflix Avengers (I'm good...)
  • The Fantastic Four or X-men (let them shine in their own movies)
  • The Guardians (if they're going smaller scale it doesn't make sense for the Guardians to be involved)

Undecided -

• Hulk (he's still around, but not sure I want to see a :flabbynsick: Hulk )
  • Thor (already going to be in Thor 4 and Guardians 3, he gets enough shine)
  • She-Hulk (I generally like the character...but let's see if her show is any good)
  • Blade (doesn't strike me as the Avengers type...but I'll see what they do with the character)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

So what say the coli, and what lineup would you like to see?

Personally I think waiting until 2023 is a good look, don't want to do any Avengers movie too soon after Endgame. I also think it's a good move for it to be smaller scale since you really can't outdo Endgame in that regard. As far as the lineup, I'm thinking

Should be a given -

• Spidey
  • Captain Marvel
  • Black Panther
  • Falcon/Winter Soldier
  • Dr. Strange
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Kate Bishop

Don't include -

• Any of the Netflix Avengers (I'm good...)
  • The Fantastic Four or X-men (let them shine in their own movies)
  • The Guardians (if they're going smaller scale it doesn't make sense for the Guardians to be involved)

Undecided -

• Hulk (he's still around, but not sure I want to see a :flabbynsick: Hulk )
  • Thor (already going to be in Thor 4 and Guardians 3, he gets enough shine)
  • She-Hulk (I generally like the character...but let's see if her show is any good)
  • Blade (doesn't strike me as the Avengers type...but I'll see what they do with the character)
I heard Thor is not going to be in GotG Vol. 3. And I'm pretty sure they will include Lady Thor in a New Avengers movie.
Also, Monica Rambeau will be in WandaVision.

These are just guesses I have no definitive proof this will happen but I thought of this after ComicCon & D23 and some Marvel rumor vids that I watched that are all over youtube. Will Marvel/Disney be satisfied with IW/EG being a one time never before duplicated event or will they try to recreate something that will have a similar if not even bigger impact? I think the latter. How do you do that? I think:
1. They gonna have 3 different build ups to a world/universe threatening events:
  • They will do a storyline where either Norman Osbourne or someone like him will try and fill the void the Avengers left in partnership with the government that will lead to Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts. Black Widow, the Next Spiderman, Falcon and Bucky will speak to this
  • They do a Young Avengers Storyline, Shang Chi, Ant-man 3, Hawkeye develop this
  • Lastly, they do a New Avengers storyline, Thor 4, She-Hulk, Dr. Strange develop this
  • Then they do a GIGANTIC movie featuring all three teams.
  • Eternals is a wild-card and I don't know shyt about them to include them in my equation.
  • Also, the Dr. Strange sequel I think they will do a version of House of M which will require a lot of Marvel characters similar to Cap 3 Civil War.So it will be like an Avengers movie.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Well just like to get to A3 & 4.

In addition to the other individual movies building up to it, A1 & 2 did a pretty good job of building up to the latter movies and in comparison they were smaller in scale.

So this is fine, A7 or 8 should be as big if not bigger than 3& 4

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If it's supposed to be Secret wars I dunno how "small scale" you can get really. Saying it won't be as many characters on screen at once is one thing, we don't need the entire roster but if that's where they're headed going 'small scale' is probably gonna be a bad look.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't they recently bought the rights to X-Men. Just retire the Avengers and build up to the X-Men.