Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Never doubt Big Jim. I'm there.

sitting-on-couch-al-bundy.gif

timeless

All Star
Daps
The action is dope. Effects on point. Story is nothing special. I wish he would stop after part 3 but he's gonna keep going until part 5. :flabbynsick:
I feel the same way although I haven't seen it yet. The hype seems to more about the effects rather than the story.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I feel the same way although I haven't seen it yet. The hype seems to more about the effects rather than the story.
It is tho. I mean he spent so much time with the effects and 3D and making Pandora come to life he forgot to make memorable characters and an original storyline. Nobody can name the villians or even the heros for the most part. It's all spectacle and James Cameron is a master at that. He needs to take risks though.

timeless

All Star
Daps
It is tho. I mean he spent so much time with the effects and 3D and making Pandora come to life he forgot to make memorable characters and an original storyline. Nobody can name the villians or even the heros for the most part. It's all spectacle and James Cameron is a master at that. He needs to take risks though.

I agree with you. The last film of his I enjoyed 100% was Titanic. The action and the storyline gave their all and every single character was memorable down to the band playing as the ship goes down. I seen the first avatar and although I liked it, I felt like I could've got the same feeling and message if I had watched Pocahontas again. Very, very underwhelming. But I don't think he'll stop. Making too much money delivering CGI action.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Do the effects really move people like that??? :dwillhuh: Because I stg this is every “Man bad, destroys nature.” Story I’ve ever heard from Fern Gully to Dances With Wolves

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Do the effects really move people like that??? :dwillhuh: Because I stg this is every “Man bad, destroys nature.” Story I’ve ever heard from Fern Gully to Dances With Wolves
The theater 3d experience is the main attraction here. And it is a cool experience. Cameron just doesn't have the writing skills he once had. The plot is the background.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I agree with you. The last film of his I enjoyed 100% was Titanic. The action and the storyline gave their all and every single character was memorable down to the band playing as the ship goes down. I seen the first avatar and although I liked it, I felt like I could've got the same feeling and message if I had watched Pocahontas again. Very, very underwhelming. But I don't think he'll stop. Making too much money delivering CGI action.
Where he messed up is he didn't create a beloved hero and a memorable villain. All great trilogies/series have that. He spent all his energy on the technology.

But yeah he won't stop until Avatar flops lmao

timeless

All Star
Daps
Where he messed up is he didn't create a beloved hero and a memorable villain. All great trilogies/series have that. He spent all his energy on the technology.

But yeah he won't stop until Avatar flops lmao
All great points. You explained it way better than I could. Think that's why I just couldn't get into this franchise. Lol in my eyes it's already a flop but when/if everyone starts to feel the same depends on if folks want to keep seeing poorly written movies.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
All great points. You explained it way better than I could. Think that's why I just couldn't get into this franchise. Lol in my eyes it's already a flop but when/if everyone starts to feel the same depends on if folks want to keep seeing poorly written movies.
I'm guilty of seeing both films right away. Took my kids to the Way of Water and they liked it. The 3D was dope I have to admit it was worth the experience. I'll see the next one too. Cameron's made my fave movie ever in Aliens so he will always be a legend I just selfishlly wish he stuck to rated R hard core action and Sci fi. Oh well.