Attention JRPG Fans - Blue Protocol 2023

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
So is this gonna be like FF XIV, where is a subscription based service MMO. Or is it a F2P MMO?

Cause if it is F2P that is red flag.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
F2P shouldn't be a concern. Fortnite is a juggernaut that rakes in literally millions of dollars a month. Epic games could've made 10 unreal tournament games and not have been able to generate the kind of cash fortnite does in a year.

This reminds me of a phantasy star online game. I'll wait for reviews. People need an alternative to FFXIV for a Japanese MMO

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I just feel like Genshin may as well have patented this game design cause im not going to be playing other versions of that type of style. It just looks like a knockoff. By the time this game releases Genshin will be even more advanced with more content. I do like the emphasis on party combat, thats the thing Genshin is weakest at but still.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I just feel like Genshin may as well have patented this game design cause im not going to be playing other versions of that type of style. It just looks like a knockoff. By the time this game releases Genshin will be even more advanced with more content. I do like the emphasis on party combat, thats the thing Genshin is weakest at but still.
genshin content hit the wall last year lol. as long as they continue to cradle their mobile community and its inherent limitations, there's only so much they can do with their current framework.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really don't think F2P is a red flag like that anymore. Some of the biggest games out right now are F2P.
I think you need to make a game F2P to survive in the market these days. Even big publishers are starting to move towards F2P because it's better to let people try game than to be dead on arrival.