Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Im not doing that deal but i am all for trading him while his value is high, his contract is reasonable and he can net a return for a team in the Hawks, that isn’t winning anything of substance with him on the roster.

The Hawks are in need of a rebuild and need to acknowledge that the trade didn’t work. It’s ok to acknowledge that and cut losses with an eye towards the future
I agree for the most part but we shouldn't move him for anything less than his value. Breh is signed to an excellent contract for the next 4 years. There shouldn't be any pressure or urgency to move him for any ole package. If nobody is coming off anything substantial then wait until the offseason.

I disagree that we're not winning anything with him on the team, because he's not the real problem. I'm trading Hunter, Capela, Bey and even Bogi before him because a reshuffling of the frontcourt *might* just work to make us worth half a damn.

If/when that doesn't work, then yeah, sell him off. His value is gonna be more or less the same for the next two years or so. But I think we owe it to ourselves to try to fix the issues we already knew we had before we ever traded for him before we say "it's not working" and cut our losses when "it" is the same shyt that was the problem before he got here.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I agree for the most part but we shouldn't move him for anything less than his value. Breh is signed to an excellent contract for the next 4 years. There shouldn't be any pressure or urgency to move him for any ole package. If nobody is coming off anything substantial then wait until the offseason.

I disagree that we're not winning anything with him on the team, because he's not the real problem. I'm trading Hunter, Capela, Bey and even Bogi before him because a reshuffling of the frontcourt *might* just work to make us worth half a damn.

If/when that doesn't work, then yeah, sell him off. His value is gonna be more or less the same for the next two years or so. But I think we owe it to ourselves to try to fix the issues we already knew we had before we ever traded for him before we say "it's not working" and cut our losses when "it" is the same shyt that was the problem before he got here.

Bro we’re not winning anything with a backcourt of him and Trae. That was the gamble we made and it didn’t pay off so I’ve seen enough to feel good about moving on. This team has many issues but as far as getting a decent return he’s going to be the only one who we’ll get it for. You think any of these teams are in a hurry to give us a great deal for Clint Capela, Saddiq Bey or DeAndre Hunter? We’re trading all those guys from a position of weakness and the league knows it, better to trade DJM for the reasons I’ve listed now than to hold on to him and his value diminish…I’m prioritizing 1st round draft picks and an NBA starting level g/f in a trade for him in a heartbeat

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Bro we’re not winning anything with a backcourt of him and Trae. That was the gamble we made and it didn’t pay off so I’ve seen enough to feel good about moving on. This team has many issues but as far as getting a decent return he’s going to be the only one who we’ll get it for. You think any of these teams are in a hurry to give us a great deal for Clint Capela, Saddiq Bey or DeAndre Hunter? We’re trading all those guys from a position of weakness and the league knows it, better to trade DJM for the reasons I’ve listed now than to hold on to him and his value diminish…I’m prioritizing 1st round draft picks and an NBA starting level g/f in a trade for him in a heartbeat
Aint no decent returns out there right now is my point. This whole saga of "we'll trade everybody but JJ and Trae" got us in a position of weakness with anybody. If we can get a great deal then cool, sayonara DJM. But if nikkas want us to take their trash just to keep the NBA carousel spinning then they can suck it

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Aint no decent returns out there right now is my point. This whole saga of "we'll trade everybody but JJ and Trae" got us in a position of weakness with anybody. If we can get a great deal then cool, sayonara DJM. But if nikkas want us to take their trash just to keep the NBA carousel spinning then they can suck it

We’ll get better options as we get closer to the trade deadline. I hope we make a move and get what we can get. Deal won’t be perfect but it needs to happen

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We’ll get better options as we get closer to the trade deadline. I hope we make a move and get what we can get. Deal won’t be perfect but it needs to happen

You already know you my breh and one of my favorite coli pastimes are our ATL back and forths but that's a shytty perspective breh :ld:

No way in hell should we "take what we can get" for a 20/5/5 guy with 4 years left on his deal. Nothing "needs" to happen right now because we're not winning shyt this year anyway. Don't let this media spin brainwash you dawg, we aint gotta do shyt with him anytime soon. We do need to clean house, but you gotta take out the trash(Hunter, AJ, Capela) before you clean out the closet(DJM).

I hope we make some plays too, but they need to be the RIGHT ones.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You already know you my breh and one of my favorite coli pastimes are our ATL back and forths but that's a shytty perspective breh :ld:

No way in hell should we "take what we can get" for a 20/5/5 guy with 4 years left on his deal. Nothing "needs" to happen right now because we're not winning shyt this year anyway. Don't let this media spin brainwash you dawg, we aint gotta do shyt with him anytime soon. We do need to clean house, but you gotta take out the trash(Hunter, AJ, Capela) before you clean out the closet(DJM).

I hope we make some plays too, but they need to be the RIGHT ones.

This Hawks management team has waited too long to get value on deals before (Collins last summer, Huerter the year before). I hear what you’re saying but we’ve played this game of “oh well let’s just wait and see” and typically that doesn’t work well for us. Again we’re not going to be dealing from a position of strength but DJM is playing well and on a good deal, we need to make sumthin shake. I’m not saying take a crap deal but he shouldn’t be a Hawk after the trade deadline if we’ve really done our diligence.

I also dont think you can afford to be too patient if we’re committed to Trae long term…he’s not going to want to wait too long for this franchise to build a contender around him, we need to be aggressively looking for the best deal we can get and restructure this team as fast as we can.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
When this team finally figures out that you CAN'T build around Trae :banderas:
Yeh. My buddy said this along time ago and I may have said it before... basically what team has won a championship with a small PG as #1? Isiah Detroit Pistons. Who else? Curry if we split hairs on pg/sg - but he was a generational talent.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeh. My buddy said this along time ago and I may have said it before... basically what team has won a championship with a small PG as #1? Isiah Detroit Pistons. Who else? Curry if we split hairs on pg/sg - but he was a generational talent.
Not only Two generational talents the second and third greatest PGs ever :dead: